Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my first ever... AMA :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    because I don't feel losing my family would be worth any amount of money

like i think ill have enough money without pressing the button so i can have both money and family
    Oh I'm confident that you could survive in life with the amount of money you receive when you enter the working world (that is if you haven't already begun working).

I'm wondering whether a greater amount of money, far greater than the riches of many, far greater than the dreams of many, would entice you to press that button.

Not only could you conjure up an amount of money that could allow you to live luxuriously and happily, it could allow hundreds, thousands, or even millions to live happily too...

Or can you not bear to have your family's existence be erased from the human timeline...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Emotion :'D ! :lol: :lol:

So let's continue :3 can you speak/understand more than one language ?
    haha yeah - i speak 2 different languages fluently - Urdu and English also Hindi
    but i also can speak french and german and Arabic to very basic level
    i can also speak Punjabi to a moderate level
    and i understand about 7 languages also including the ones that i can speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Succinct and direct.

Thank you for playing.
    depends i might elaborate if anyone question my (out of the normal) choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    :hi:
    :party: :party::party:
    I was thinking of doing AMA for a long time ago
    so i finally did it :hubba:
    AMA but be sensible with your questions, i dont want any meanie questions
    :party: :party::party:
    How does it feel knowing that as a muslim you are responsible for all the misery in the world right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Which part of my hypothetical world do you not understand?
    none of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Succinct and direct.

Thank you for playing.
    i can elaborate if anyone wants to question my (slightly) out of the normal choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasbara Habibi)
    No, my parents are worth far more to me than any quantity of paper ('money' ) could ever be.

In what way?
    In the potential contribution to the world?

Surely ridiculous amounts of money could do far more things, way beyond the expectations of two adults?

haha yeah - i speak 2 different languages fluently - Urdu and English also Hindi
    but i also can speak french and german and Arabic to very basic level
    i can also speak Punjabi to a moderate level
    and i understand about 7 languages also including the ones that i can speak
    Cooool :O :party: well done girl :3

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whatitdo)
    How does it feel knowing that as a muslim you are responsible for all the misery in the world right now?
    it feels nothing because i am NOT responsible for whatever is happening in the world - its the people who are doing it
    but i am pretty happy being a muslim

ReputationRep:
    Cooool :O :party: well done girl :3

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?
    started badminton training for national level in November - dunno if that counts
    your questions made me think soo much i like them

ReputationRep:
    none of that
    Seriously, none of that?

Ok, here's one in a condensed form.

Here's the deal: I will give you any amount of money you want. ANY amount. Think big.

If you accept, your close family disappear. There will be no trace of their existence. Nobody will remember them. No photo or document about them will exist. Only you remember them. Their existence lies only in your memory.

Do you accept my deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    In what way?
    In the potential contribution to the world?

Surely ridiculous amounts of money could do far more things, way beyond the expectations of two adults?
    In that I love and care for my family more than I care for every other human in the world combined.

started badminton training for national level in November - dunno if that counts
    your questions made me think soo much i like them
    It counts !! Bravo !! :party2:

Hehe I'm glad you like them :3

What's on your fridge :P ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasbara Habibi)
    In that I love and care for my family more than I care for every other human in the world combined.
    What if I changed the situation...

Instead of your close family disappearing, let's say that when you press the button, the family of some random individual will disappear instead.

You may or may not know this individual, but regardless, his/her family will disappear from existence. Their only existence will be in that person's memory, (and yours if you know the person)

Do you press the button now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Oh I'm confident that you could survive in life with the amount of money you receive when you enter the working world (that is if you haven't already begun working).

I'm wondering whether a greater amount of money, far greater than the riches of many, far greater than the dreams of many, would entice you to press that button.

Not only could you conjure up an amount of money that could allow you to live luxuriously and happily, it could allow hundreds, thousands, or even millions to live happily too...

Or can you not bear to have your family's existence be erased from the human timeline...?
    my point is that i'll have enough money not only to survive but also to live comfortably and so i don't feel i need to press the button.

i see your point about the riches but it doesn't interest me if its at the expense of my family. interesting question though.

again, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Seriously, none of that?

Ok, here's one in a condensed form.

Here's the deal: I will give you any amount of money you want. ANY amount. Think big.

If you accept, your close family disappear. There will be no trace of their existence. Nobody will remember them. No photo or document about them will exist. Only you remember them. Their existence lies only in your memory.

Do you accept my deal?
    :noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

ReputationRep:
    It counts !! Bravo !! :party2:

Hehe I'm glad you like them :3

What's on your fridge :P ?
    haha :lol:
    stains of water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    What if I changed the situation...

Instead of your close family disappearing, let's say that when you press the button, the family of some random individual will disappear instead.

You may or may not know this individual, but regardless, his/her family will disappear from existence. Their only existence will be in that person's memory, (and yours if you know the person)

Do you press the button now?
    Now we're talking.

The odds that I would know this person are essentially 1 in 7 billion; infinitesimally small. I wouldn't be directly responsible for their deaths, the person overseeing this magical process of making them disappear would be.

But, this would only be worth it if I could use a large amount of money to improve the lives of millions of people. There are practical issues with this scenario. For example, how would I explain how I suddenly came into such a large amount of money to the world (saving millions of people would require at least tens of billions of pounds)?

I think the underlying tension of your question is consequentialism vs deontology: do the ends (using the large amount of money to help others/for my personal benefit) justify the means (essentially killing an entire family to acquire that large amount of money).

I have no consistent view on this debate, which is currently beyond the domain of my intellectual capacity.

haha :lol:
    stains of water
    Hehe okay :3

Who's your favourite user on TSR ? And why ?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe okay :3

Who's your favourite user on TSR ? And why ?
    ahhhh...
    thats not easy to answer
    but i'd say...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nah i am kidding - i don't have one particular so i can't really answer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.