Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have an "aesthetic"? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nerdy T-shirts, lab coat, trench coats, geeky T-shirts, with my hair in a ponytail or just loose. I wear whatever's been washed, but I buy things which will either scare people off or attract people, depending on how nerdy they are. When I say attract I don't mean sexually, just things that make them think "a fellow nerd, I'm gonna go say hi." For example, my favourite T-shirts say, "do these protons make my mass look big" with a picture of an atom, "I enforce newtons law: you shove me, I shove you back" and one has the simplified standard model of particle physics printed on it!

ReputationRep:
    A 'tailored' look. Pleated and folded fabrics in tops, high waisted trousers, calf-length pencil skirts, mostly in muted colours. Chunky knitted tops occasionally. Not gonna lie, I think of a lot of my clothes as paying some sort of tribute to fashion. I don't own that many clothes though. I'm also a bit of a jewelry/accessories junkie.

On the other hand I also like iridescent and translucent things, usually for accessories and footwear.

PS: Great thread idea. :yep: Enjoyed reading about everybody's style.

ReputationRep:
    Classic, feminine, well-fitting and taken with a 'minimalist' approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    'Clean-cut and form-fitting' when going out.
    Eg. Short white t-shirt, dark blue trousers, brown leather belt and brown shoes.

Sometimes 'council estate' when I'm going gym or just cba with life.
    Eg. Puma hoodie, Nike trackies, Nike trainers.
    me everyday
    i live in trackies and hoodies
    sometimes i lowkey shop at the mens section in JD :lol:

ReputationRep:
    the amount of cringe in this thread is unbearable, you can already tell that the majority of people here dress like sh*t

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know what to call it, but I know my style's around 30 years out of date :lol:

ReputationRep:
    depends

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.