Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    ooh why the transfer? I'd get a studio but worried i'd become a social hermit, stay in my room and not make friends!
    Makes sense! I'm doing astrophysics @ Kent right now; I had Southampton and Manchester as my firm and insurance last year (both aerospace eng.), but got absolutely destroyed by my A2 exams. Went through clearing and told myself, "Maybe astrophysics won't be so bad!" Took about two weeks to realise that I hated the course :shot:

ReputationRep:
    Central village is over subscribed apparently. I'm looking at sentinel towers too, but also the new one, cityside. Have you considered cityside? looks sooo nice
    I was looking at it.. but the price..😂😂 I'm kinda having a hard time choosing lol. I think CV is the most expesive one on the accommodations I was looking at soo thats probably gonna get knocked off the list xD
    But Ikr :O it looks so nice 👌

May I ask what's your offer btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElleBennett)
    Yeah there's still a while to decide, but definitely looking at self-catered. I was looking at Central Village but there's thing on the info page saying that there are building works nearby and there might be noise pollution, so not really sure what to make of that. Mostly leaning towards Henry Price, Sentinel Towers or the Tannery
    Hey XD I'm looking at Sentinel or Tannery as well 🙈👐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytaylou)
    ive firmed leeds for history!
    Hi, I study as sciences but still, any tips for getting into leeds? can you share your experience?

Thank you xxxx

ReputationRep:
    pharmacology! applied for medicine last year then realised I don't have the people skills to be a doctor! let me know how the open day goes. I'm out of the country for most of april so couldnt make it!
    I actually live in France, so I probably won't be able to make the open day either sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zziwa)
    Makes sense! I'm doing astrophysics @ Kent right now; I had Southampton and Manchester as my firm and insurance last year (both aerospace eng.), but got absolutely destroyed by my A2 exams. Went through clearing and told myself, "Maybe astrophysics won't be so bad!" Took about two weeks to realise that I hated the course :shot:
    Hahah! I live in Kent, feel free to visit :') well hopefully you'll enjoy your course this time around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ao_no_exorcist21)
    I was looking at it.. but the price..😂😂 I'm kinda having a hard time choosing lol. I think CV is the most expesive one on the accommodations I was looking at soo thats probably gonna get knocked off the list xD
    But Ikr :O it looks so nice 👌

May I ask what's your offer btw?
    Yea, student finance barely covers my rent but I'd rather be comfortable and poor.. I think.. whoops!

I had 5 unconditional offers! woop woop. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey XD I'm looking at Sentinel or Tannery as well 🙈👐
    are you bringing a car?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, student finance barely covers my rent but I'd rather be comfortable and poor.. I think.. whoops!

I had 5 unconditional offers! woop woop. what about you?
    Wow! That's cool congrats on that! I need A*AA lol 😂 so kinda scared 😅
    I wont go as high as CV 🙈 I guess I'll be fine with being kinda broke and at least be in en suite and close to the uni 😂 cooking will finally be very useful 😂

ReputationRep:
    are you bringing a car?
    I don't really have a car to begin with 😂🙈🙈 and you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That's cool congrats on that! I need A*AA lol 😂 so kinda scared 😅
    I wont go as high as CV 🙈 I guess I'll be fine with being kinda broke and at least be in en suite and close to the uni 😂 cooking will finally be very useful 😂
    hahah thank you!! You can do it I believe in you!! what's your insurance?
    haha yes ensuite is a MUST. ah I'm such a germaphobe..

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a car to begin with 😂🙈🙈 and you?
    I do have a car and i really want to bring it with me but cityside is.. well in the middle of the city, and no parking!! but I guess you're only in halls for one year

ReputationRep:
    hahah thank you!! You can do it I believe in you!! what's your insurance?
    haha yes ensuite is a MUST. ah I'm such a germaphobe..
    Really hoping I can XD
    I'm putting Univeristy of Birmingham as insurance and you?

looool I can't deny I'm a germaphobe to an extent as well XD just hoping that I would be sharing kitchen with people who aren't super messy XD

ReputationRep:
    I do have a car and i really want to bring it with me but cityside is.. well in the middle of the city, and no parking!! but I guess you're only in halls for one year
    Oh, cool maybe you can just bring it the following year then?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Leeds for English Lit and Theatre Studies... so scared I won't get the grades though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb21)
    Firmed Leeds for English Lit and Theatre Studies... so scared I won't get the grades though!
    Oh cool and what's your requirements for Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping I can XD
    I'm putting Univeristy of Birmingham as insurance and you?

looool I can't deny I'm a germaphobe to an extent as well XD just hoping that I would be sharing kitchen with people who aren't super messy XD
    Oh, cool maybe you can just bring it the following year then?
    My offer was unconditional so I don't have an insurance. leeds is it for me!! Ah I will honestly be that ***** that will lecture my flatmates if there's a messy kitchen #noshame

I probably will bring it next year, especially as i have family a 20 minute drive away

ReputationRep:
    My offer was unconditional so I don't have an insurance. leeds is it for me!! Ah I will honestly be that ***** that will lecture my flatmates if there's a messy kitchen #noshame

I probably will bring it next year, especially as i have family a 20 minute drive away
    See how quick I forget things lol XD #shameful lol

and LOOOL XD I'm gonna be hiding snacks in my room as well and not in the kitchen XD

that's very convenient! I'm gonna have to be saving up money for train tickets to come home XDD

may I ask where you're from btw? I'm from London xD

ReputationRep:
    Cool! whereabouts you from and what accommodation are you looking at?
    I live in Cheshire and I've applied for Henry Price
    It's over subscribed but oh well I can only try. 75% get their first preference apparently so yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishraat)
    Hi, I stuy as sciences but still, any tips for getting into leeds? can you share your experience?

Thank you xxxx
    Im not technically in yet I just got a conditional offer. My predicted grades are what they ask for so I guess that helps? xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.