The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

students in Wolverhampton university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soniiaaaa
Hey you at the city campus I'm looking for accommdation aswell need newer friends lol

Nah im at victoria halls staying sorry!
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by Danni.s
I'm also studying Social Care and Health Studies and staying in Victoria Halls aha x

I am also studying social care and health studies however am traveling which sucks :/
Reply 22
I'm doing chemistry there! Living at my house though as it's only a 5 minute drive away
Im going to do Social Work in september on city campus staying in halls! Havent found anyone doing my course and not sure where my halls are as i havent been told yet X
I'm doing Genetics and Molecular Biology and staying at City Ensuite :smile:
Hi I'm Louise and ill be studying health studies at uni of Wolverhampton this September. I'm staying in Victoria halls.
Hi! i'll be coming to Wolves in September too! I'm going to travel from home and i'll be studying History and Politics.:smile:
Reply 27
im angela, doing masters in adult nursing- applied for victoria halls today and need asap accomodation for sept 5th start- im totally new to wolverhampton, need new friends and accomodation. BTW is city campus accomodation better than victoria halls?
Reply 28
Original post by abbyolly
I want to meet students in Wolverhampton university, just to chat and hangout. currently studying in the uni. hit up if you dont mind, male or female(just casual friends)

Hi what are you studying?
Reply 29
Original post by itsness
Hi guys, I will be joining in September as well, studying Social Care and Health Studies and staying at Victoria Halls x

hello, im femalee doing masters in adult nursing :smile:
can you please help me with victoria halls advice? i have applied, and is it absolutely necessary to use housing hand for guarantor? it says you will have to pay £295, cant i just email my guarantors details to victoria halls?

ALSO, would love to hang out/ chat -will be at uni sept 5th (going from home though)
Reply 30
Original post by ngel4u
hello, im femalee doing masters in adult nursing :smile:
can you please help me with victoria halls advice? i have applied, and is it absolutely necessary to use housing hand for guarantor? it says you will have to pay £295, cant i just email my guarantors details to victoria halls?

ALSO, would love to hang out/ chat -will be at uni sept 5th (going from home though)

Have you tried calling the student help centre?? I will be attending a workshop event on the 5th maybe we can chat/hangout and resolve your issue .
Reply 31
Original post by Kam_k
Have you tried calling the student help centre?? I will be attending a workshop event on the 5th maybe we can chat/hangout and resolve your issue .

that student help centre doesnt work during weekends, but i'll try again on monday. Will PM you my contact details incase you want to meet later.
Thanks
Reply 32
Original post by ngel4u
that student help centre doesnt work during weekends, but i'll try again on monday. Will PM you my contact details incase you want to meet later.
Thanks

Yeah sorry student centre not available till monday, im sure they will help as i was in the same situation last week.
Original post by ngel4u
im angela, doing masters in adult nursing- applied for victoria halls today and need asap accomodation for sept 5th start- im totally new to wolverhampton, need new friends and accomodation. BTW is city campus accomodation better than victoria halls?

I moved into Victoria halls yesterday and i would highly recommend it.
Reply 34
Original post by Lounicorn0810
I moved into Victoria halls yesterday and i would highly recommend it.

thanks SO MUCH, was scared it'd be so messy, (btw do they have an efficient laundry room)
Original post by Mattgarvs
Fine art!:smile: What about you?

Hey, you will be in my building! I study fashion :smile: I''m second year. I have a few friends in fine art and they love it, so hope you have a good time!
Original post by Amylouiseee
Im going to do Social Work in september on city campus staying in halls! Havent found anyone doing my course and not sure where my halls are as i havent been told yet X

There are different halls, which did you apply for? The economy one which is called 'randall lines' or the normal one which is about £98 a week?
Original post by ngel4u

Hey! I've lived in all three accommodations haha so maybe I can help. Uni owned halls are Randall Lines which is the economy living which is about £75 a week but you have to share with like 8-12 people including sharing a bathroom, and the kitchen has no living area or TV. Then there's North Road and Lomas Street which have a mix of normal rooms and 'en suite' rooms. The normal ones average on £90 a week (when I lived there) and the en suite are around £98 a week. The en suite rooms are bigger and have their own bathroom. The kitchens also have a small living area and a TV.

Victoria Halls is student living but is not part of the University owned halls, but you probably know that since you have already applied! I only lived there for a week but I loved it there if I am honest. The kitchen is big with a living area and TV. The rooms I believe all have double beds and your own bathroom.

There is a separate halls named 'Chambers 51' which is near the town center and bus station. I am living there this year. It is a bit more expensive from around £114 a week, for the bronze. This accommodation is more for the people who don't want to share at all haha. You have your own kitchen, bathroom and bedroom (with double bed) all in one place. The 'gold' rooms have a living area too. Then there is a common room with games and a TV.

Good luck and have a great year at Wolverhampton University! Maybe see you around :smile:
Original post by ngel4u
thanks SO MUCH, was scared it'd be so messy, (btw do they have an efficient laundry room)

i havent used it yet but by the looks of it there are plenty of machines to use. when are you moving in
Reply 39
Original post by Lounicorn0810
i havent used it yet but by the looks of it there are plenty of machines to use. when are you moving in

i am planning to complete my application to move in monday, but before i do, i just realised something SO DISTURBING, there is no dirrect route to victoria halls from train station, it seemed so close but ITS ACTUALLY FAR AWAY, or do you know the exact minutes it takes to walk from victoria halls to trainstation? this is because i will be taking train everyday to placement at telford. so i will have to catch the earliest train to start 7:00 am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending