Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley Robertson)
    I would, make the most of the experience! Although my flat is private its still part of a large house that has been converted to student accommodation, so other students are only a door away and we can dip in and out of each others place!
    so do you already know people going to the same uni , or have u just planned to live in a private accommodation by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydocowsfall)
    I feel like for foundation year you may as well stay at home for one more year, and then afterwards that's when you move out! Though of course everyone's different! ^-^

Yes, I went to an open day a few months ago! It was raining and miserable though and the course leader seemed really grumpy so I didn't get the best impression haha, but I feel like she was probably just having a bad day - and all the other people I talked to were super friendly! I spent absolutely ages talking to one of the students who was showing off all the little things students had made using their resources like the 3D printer and book-binding machine. :' (I'm so excited about the book-binding, it's unreal! I want to just make books all day! )
    Yeah, they didn't sell the course or uni to me during the open day but the interview was amazing! haha, I love the print room! I cant wait to get my hands on it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    so do you already know people going to the same uni , or have u just planned to live in a private accommodation by yourself?
    I planned it as i knew before the applications were even open that i wasn't going to get halls

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they didn't sell the course or uni to me during the open day but the interview was amazing! haha, I love the print room! I cant wait to get my hands on it all
    It's honestly the best place I've seen in terms of resources! I remember going to the photography place and I don't even care that much about cameras but the fact that it was so easy to use so much amazing equipment made me want to want to take photos.

I also kind of enjoyed the fact that there was a surprisingly large number of Tardis-themed things around. I think I even saw an entire Tardis door in one of the rooms!

ReputationRep:
    I planned it as i knew before the applications were even open that i wasn't going to get halls
    oh right , i might not get the halls either, but still undecided.

ReputationRep:
    laksi Ashley Robertson I got a place!! I guess I'll be seeing you guys next year!

ReputationRep:
    laksi Ashley Robertson I got a place!! I guess I'll be seeing you guys next year!
    Congrats! How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! (Hi laksi )
    I come from Italy and last month UCA offered me a place for a foundation year in art and Design, I'm so excited! I've applied for halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfof)
    Hi everyone! (Hi laksi )
    I come from Italy and last month UCA offered me a place for a foundation year in art and Design, I'm so excited! I've applied for halls
    We'll be on the course together! What sort of art do you like doing? (:

Congrats! How was it?
    It went really well! They were as nice as you said they would be and they really liked my work! ^-^

ReputationRep:
    We'll be on the course together! What sort of art do you like doing? (:

It went really well! They were as nice as you said they would be and they really liked my work! ^-^
    I really like drawing and painting, but also making jewels out of polymer clay, and you?

ReputationRep:
    That's great you got it ....well done I am excited in meeting all of you and its going to be a great year for us. Lets just get our a levels done and dusted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfof)
    I really like drawing and painting, but also making jewels out of polymer clay, and you?
    Oh wow, making jewels sounds really interesting! I love drawing as well, I can't stop! :' I think I'll probably be going down the graphics route ^-^

(Original post by laksi)
    That's great you got it ....well done I am excited in meeting all of you and its going to be a great year for us. Lets just get our a levels done and dusted
    Thanks! (: And yes! We'll have to focus on studies for now, haha, but I'm so excited for next year!! We'll have to make sure we recognise each other - it'll be so great to go in knowing people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    Hi I am starting a foundation degree in Epsom in september in art and design. I would love to know people going to the uni before I start. ☺😊
    Hi there, I am also starting foundation in Art and Design in September ~ I don't know anybody going. When was your interview? Are you excited?

ReputationRep:
    hello, thats great you are also starting in September . My interview was around 2 months ago i think. Yes i am excited to start at uca as its a really nice uni , how about you? And i would love to know a some people before i go uni ..so i don't feel so lost
    (Original post by 0_oMiko_0)
    Hi there, I am also starting foundation in Art and Design in September ~ I don't know anybody going. When was your interview? Are you excited?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, making jewels sounds really interesting! I love drawing as well, I can't stop! :' I think I'll probably be going down the graphics route ^-^

Thanks! (: And yes! We'll have to focus on studies for now, haha, but I'm so excited for next year!! We'll have to make sure we recognise each other - it'll be so great to go in knowing people!
    Yes, i agree its going to be an exciting year, after exam we should hang out and prepare for uni life

ReputationRep:

Yes it's one of my favourite hobbies! I think I'll choose your same route because drawing is my passion I'd like to learn 3d animation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    Yes, i agree its going to be an exciting year, after exam we should hang out and prepare for uni life
    Yes! We should definitely do something like organise a meet up for the people on our course from here - that would be really fun!

(Original post by sfof)
    Yes it's one of my favourite hobbies! I think I'll choose your same route because drawing is my passion I'd like to learn 3d animation!
    Animation would be so interesting! They actually suggested I might be interested in it at my interview and they mentioned that they have some foundation students doing stop motion at the moment, so I think that's definitely something we could try on the course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    hello, thats great you are also starting in September . My interview was around 2 months ago i think. Yes i am excited to start at uca as its a really nice uni , how about you? And i would love to know a some people before i go uni ..so i don't feel so lost
    Hi, I'm so sad I just found out I shan't be going to UCA anymore due to a matter of practicality *sigh* i was so excited!! Have fun though guys, I'm sad I shan't be joining you!!

ReputationRep:
    ahh. good luck where ever you go
    (Original post by 0_oMiko_0)
    Hi, I'm so sad I just found out I shan't be going to UCA anymore due to a matter of practicality *sigh* i was so excited!! Have fun though guys, I'm sad I shan't be joining you!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a facebook group for people starting next year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.