Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like having a laptop with me but that's my personal preference! When it comes to researching stuff and typing up lab report etc. I just find it easier to use a laptop and prefer using a keyboard to type. I'm not sure about the memory either on iPads but it helps to have some form of storage for your files but you may be able to get an external hard drive or something. Set the money aside to get one but see how it goes with just an iPad at first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just think what you need a laptop for. Personallu I prefer a desktop because I like power, so I hardly used the laptop. If the OP can survive with an ipad then a pc will be fine just realise you wont be carrying a computer everywhere.

There are always computers you can use at the uni.

The only difference id say is if there are course specific demandsthat will make having a laptop easier.
    Thanks, yeah I'm going to build a powerful PC as you can build a mucher faster PC for £1000 compared to a laptop.besides I already have a decent monitor and keyboard and mouse.

I don't think you'll need a laptop for law right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    Thanks, yeah I'm going to build a powerful PC as you can build a mucher faster PC for £1000 compared to a laptop.besides I already have a decent monitor and keyboard and mouse.

I don't think you'll need a laptop for law right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its more how you work. the nie thing if you make your own is you can repair it and upgrade it. Imo I wouldnt go over the top becayse money is always handy.

Bo i dont think you need a laptop for law.

(Original post by Lkathryn08)
    I like having a laptop with me but that's my personal preference! When it comes to researching stuff and typing up lab report etc. I just find it easier to use a laptop and prefer using a keyboard to type. I'm not sure about the memory either on iPads but it helps to have some form of storage for your files but you may be able to get an external hard drive or something. Set the money aside to get one but see how it goes with just an iPad at first
    Thank you. Since I am doing philosophy I won't have to do lab reports and I do prefer typing on an iPad. I guess I will see how it goes as you say

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.