Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    open question to all: how you reckon shanghai is going to pan out (personally reckon rosberg will win as shanghai is his main circuit, similar to vettel and singapore, hamilton and america).

hopefully ferrari, red bull or haas can challenge but it is a big ask (chances are ferrari will be running detuned till canada to save engine components)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    noooooooooooo i prefer night races
    depends on the circuits i guess. also all twilight races finish in the night.

I like twilight races as I love the colour of the sky at sunset and feel like it gives like an extra sense excitement to the action

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    depends on the circuits i guess. also all twilight races finish in the night.

I like twilight races as I love the colour of the sky at sunset and feel like it gives like an extra sense excitement to the action
    it is pretty but i think the night races should stay night races
    and all other races should be twilight

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a bad race at all, another win for Rosberg, a podium for Kimi, good drives from Ricciardo, Grosjean, Verstappen, Vandoorne and Magnussen. Shame Buttons car died on him as he was actually looking pretty decent after the start. Gutted for Vettel as well, just hope it's not an entire power unit failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    Wasn't a bad race at all, another win for Rosberg, a podium for Kimi, good drives from Ricciardo, Grosjean, Verstappen, Vandoorne and Magnussen. Shame Buttons car died on him as he was actually looking pretty decent after the start. Gutted for Vettel as well, just hope it's not an entire power unit failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    smoke suggests engine related (might be turbo issue best case scenario). apparently ferrari went too extreme off season with engine developments and as a result they only have 9 tokens left to play with.

in comparison, merc and honda have 13/14 tokens to use and renault somehow have 25 left in play.

chances are ferraris next engine upgrade will be reliability focused (apparently turbo is a a main area as it takes 12-14 weeks to machine it...why they cant 3d print it is a mystery) to minimise token loss with a big upgrade in monza a la mercedes 2015).

its a shame 2017 engine regs cant be brought into play this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    smoke suggests engine related (might be turbo issue best case scenario). apparently ferrari went too extreme off season with engine developments and as a result they only have 9 tokens left to play with.

in comparison, merc and honda have 13/14 tokens to use and renault somehow have 25 left in play.

chances are ferraris next engine upgrade will be reliability focused (apparently turbo is a a main area as it takes 12-14 weeks to machine it...why they cant 3d print it is a mystery) to minimise token loss with a big upgrade in monza a la mercedes 2015).

its a shame 2017 engine regs cant be brought into play this year
    I hope they can sort their reliability issues out, two races and two retirements isn't a great start to the season! I hope Renaults upgrades yield big results, they've got plenty of tokens after all and we need a more competitive Renault engine for Renault and Red Bull.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    I hope they can sort their reliability issues out, two races and two retirements isn't a great start to the season! I hope Renaults upgrades yield big results, they've got plenty of tokens after all and we need a more competitive Renault engine for Renault and Red Bull.
    based on info from internet / contacts I know who work for an f1 team affiliated with a car manufacturer (who themselves are not a roadcar manufacturer), renault gained around 50bhp from 7 tokens. this means they are around 30bhp down on the 2015 ferrari pu but come canada, theyl be ahead of 2015 ferrari engine in terms of power if all goes to plan (but not by much).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.