its okay, not something i would go out of my way to listen to
    I agree really :erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're difficult to impress XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    lol how?!
    Hitchikers guide to the galaxy. Google "the meaning of life, the universe and everything"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ..Do you think that

1) Consciousness is just a hierarchical pattern of nodes and signal strengths (perhaps estimable as a logistic transfer function for speedy derivatives) which would suggest with exponential growth classical computers should be able to emulate it in the coming decades if Moore's law stands.

2) There stands some form of crucial quantum process involved, therefore making consciousness unobtainable with classical computers yet potentially viable with quantum computers.

3) Consciousness is immeasurable and thereby it's not likely to be synthesized by any knowable form of observation.

4) Other

ReputationRep:
    bored too
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Read a book, bored people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    ..Do you think that

1) Consciousness is just a hierarchical pattern of nodes and signal strengths (perhaps estimable as a logistic transfer function for speedy derivatives) which would suggest with exponential growth classical computers should be able to emulate it in the coming decades if Moore's law stands.

2) There stands some form of crucial quantum process involved, therefore making consciousness unobtainable with classical computers yet potentially viable with quantum computers.

3) Consciousness is immeasurable and thereby it's not likely to be synthesized by any knowable form of observation.

4) Other
    Consciousness is immeasurable and thereby it's not likely to be synthesized by any knowable form of observation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.