Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeahwbu)
    There not completely qualified hairdressers, that's why so cheap but corner barber shops!
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I know certain institutes like colleges or universities or places that train hairdressers might offer lower prices as it's a trainee doing it, but I'm not sure if they're bountiful.Apart from that, honeslty I've never seen anywhere offer below £8.
    Ah, I see, I wouldn't trust 'em with my hair :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Ah, I see, I wouldn't trust 'em with my hair :lol:
    Inedeed not; get what you pay for, lol!

ReputationRep:
    The place I go gives me a really good haircut for £6, plus they have an Nintendo 64 which i can use while I am waiting to get my turn, also I still get a lolly pop when I am done (I will never stop getting those lolly pops).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Who spends that much on just a haircut? Lol
    £10? Much? That's like less than half of what I pay, how long does it take to cut your hair if they do it for under a tenner? Like 5 minutes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    £10? Much? That's like less than half of what I pay, how long does it take to cut your hair if they do it for under a tenner? Like 5 minutes?
    I'm a guy so I don't know how much girls pay but I get my hair cut at some shady Asian place in South London where they charge £5. They only take like 10-15 minutes for a cut. They don't speak English though so you might have a hard time.

I'm being fully serious btw

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy so I don't know how much girls pay but I get my hair cut at some shady Asian place in South London where they charge £5. They only take like 10-15 minutes for a cut. They don't speak English though so you might have a hard time.

I'm being fully serious btw
    I'm a guy, I only ever went to one of those Asian barbers once when I was young, they literally just cut my hair to like a 3 all over and I remember literally crying, I was maybe like 8 years old.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, I only ever went to one of those Asian barbers once when I was young, they literally just cut my hair to like a 3 all over and I remember literally crying, I was maybe like 8 years old.
    How much do you pay lol

ReputationRep:
    How much do you pay lol
    Between £18 to £25 depending on the level of the stylist, but I tend to go based on time not on price. So whoever is first to be free.

I tend to get a drink, they wash my hair, give me a little head massage, put my feet up on this like recliner. I also get my hair styled after it's cut.

ReputationRep:
    The Toni and Guy academy usually offer completely free haircuts, with the catch being that it's done by a student hairdresser. Only about 4 students in a room at a time though and there's always someone supervising them. I think Headmasters also offer this. Not sure about other cities but it's pretty common for hair academies to offer free cuts in London.

ReputationRep:
    £7 for me but then a beard trim is £3 so £10 altogether lol

ReputationRep:
    Between £18 to £25 depending on the level of the stylist, but I tend to go based on time not on price. So whoever is first to be free.

I tend to get a drink, they wash my hair, give me a little head massage, put my feet up on this like recliner. I also get my hair styled after it's cut.
    Woah you must be rich af

ReputationRep:
    I pay £13 and I'm a guy

ReputationRep:
    Woah you must be rich af
    I wouldn't say so, I think it's just cause my mum's hair type requires her haircuts to be quite expensive so if she gives me money to cut mine, my haircuts are cheap in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    I pay $12 but the quality of the cut varies wildly at the place I go to. I found the people I like so now I have to do a walk past to check out who's there on a particular day before I enter.

ReputationRep:
    Who spends that much on just a haircut? Lol
    Spent £14 today on a premium scissor-cut haircut, feeling good rn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.