Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to be a solicitor to work in a Law Firm in corporate law? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Look out for networking events on Eventbrite and on LinkedIn. You will just need to be more proactive in going to these career events run by firms. A lot of other students are fortunate to have them run on their doorstep and around their lectures.

You are also fortunate to have a lot of time to gather this experience and knowledge where your course is part-time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you happen to know about any open day/first year programmes etc. please do let me know. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find out about these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark La Rosa)
    If you happen to know about any open day/first year programmes etc. please do let me know. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find out about these.
    By no means an extensive list - but a good starting point:

http://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/law-car...cation-schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    By no means an extensive list - but a good starting point:

http://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/law-car...cation-schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I do have another question: do I have to get a trainee contract first and then start the LPC or start the LPC and then get a trainee contract? How does that work? And is there any chance that my employer will pay for the LPC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark La Rosa)
    I do have another question: do I have to get a trainee contract first and then start the LPC or start the LPC and then get a trainee contract? How does that work? And is there any chance that my employer will pay for the LPC?
    You can do the LPC without the TC and I think the majority of people do. However, in my opinion it is preferable (if possible) to get the TC first and then do the LPC. Some firms will pay for the LPC (and give you some money for living expenses during the LPC year). Chambers Student/Lex100 would be good resources to find out more about the funding situation if you have your eye on any firms/areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    You can do the LPC without the TC and I think the majority of people do. However, in my opinion it is preferable (if possible) to get the TC first and then do the LPC. Some firms will pay for the LPC (and give you some money for living expenses during the LPC year). Chambers Student/Lex100 would be good resources to find out more about the funding situation if you have your eye on any firms/areas.
    Thanks. Will have a look at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I just dislike snobbery and elitism. Whether its the office boy, doorman or secretary I respect everyone I work with for what they can do and what they contribute.
    A very good attitude although we don't call them office boys any more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.