Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which diet would cause least harm to the world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The air diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanKing)
    Veganism is obviously the most sustainable and healthy diet.
    Might be good for lowering things like blood glucose and cholesterol, but most vegans are iron deficient/anaemic and have the worst problems with digestion. Foods like lentils, beans, greens and fruits means increased fibre and protein. This is why most vegans have cramping and sharp stomach pains when they switch and some of them never adjust to it. Cutting out all dairy is awful for your digestive system and usually means more cramping unless you're taking probiotic supplements from elsewhere.

Vegans never seem to want to talk about the gas, bloating, cramps and diarrhea that are a result of their diets. Not very healthy to put your body through this in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Everything in moderation, whilst trying to avoid anything that is over-processed/artificial, like 90% of food these days sadly

ReputationRep:
    Cannibalism, would significantly reduce the environmental impact that humans have on the planet. For me its probably about as feasible as going vegan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    what was your diet like before going vegan?
    I was a vegetarian for about a year and a half and before that I ate meat but I've never eaten incredibly unhealthily, I did eat a lot of dairy before going vegan though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Well, according to Channel 4’s documentary The World’s Best Diet, you should be heading to Iceland, or at least adapting to their diet.

(not this one)

this one

The new show, on tonight at 9pm, reveals that the Icelandic combination of fresh fish, high quality meat and dairy products has ensured the secluded country has landed the top spot when it comes to the healthiest diet in the world – closely followed by Italy and Greece
    Guessing you've never heard of Acciaroli...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    Might be good for lowering things like blood glucose and cholesterol, but most vegans are iron deficient/anaemic and have the worst problems with digestion. Foods like lentils, beans, greens and fruits means increased fibre and protein. This is why most vegans have cramping and sharp stomach pains when they switch and some of them never adjust to it. Cutting out all dairy is awful for your digestive system and usually means more cramping unless you're taking probiotic supplements from elsewhere.

Vegans never seem to want to talk about the gas, bloating, cramps and diarrhea that are a result of their diets. Not very healthy to put your body through this in my opinion.
    This is absolutely rubish, did you pull them facts from your arse? I got my blood test result back and they were perfect compared to my meat eating sister who not has to take supplements for her iron. Vegans have a great digestive system because they don't have rotting animals going through their intestines, stop :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing. It's rediculous the way people try to justify eating meat in 2016 when more people are obese than underweight.

(Original post by NekoAngel13)
    The no food and no water diet. If we all stop eating and die then there will be no more humans to destroy the earth. No genetically modified or specially bred food is needed. No more pollution, no more wars, no more bombings, sounds like the world would be a better place.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol like that would ever happen
    A naive and dangerous view

Plenty of pollution - just none man-made
    Plenty of wars - animals fight too

Suppose we all died. We are so deeply embedded in the ecosystem that our exctinction would trigger possibly the largest ever mass extinction event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfegirl98)
    This is absolutely rubish, did you pull them facts from your arse? I got my blood test result back and they were perfect compared to my meat eating sister who not has to take supplements for her iron. Vegans have a great digestive system because they don't have rotting animals going through their intestines, stop :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing. It's rediculous the way people try to justify eating meat in 2016 when more people are obese than underweight.
    Veganism isn't just cutting out meat, it means cutting out cheese and milk and eggs too. Are you sure you're not a vegetarian?

Alternative protein sources like lentils and beans are known to cause cramping and bloating because the fibre content is so high, that's just common knowledge. Deny it if you want but I know people who've given up veganism after a few months of trying because the effects on their digestive system just aren't worth it. And of course you're not going to be overweight when you're constantly on a high fibre diet - all you're doing is eating and then dumping. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    A naive and dangerous view

Plenty of pollution - just none man-made
    Plenty of wars - animals fight too

Suppose we all died. We are so deeply embedded in the ecosystem that our exctinction would trigger possibly the largest ever mass extinction event.
    You know I was being sarcastic right? I was joking but I guess you didn't catch it.
    Even I'm not so dumb nor naive as to think the eradication of humanity would be a good solution. Many ecosystems rely on our involvement and many species would become extinct. It's our overpopulation that's tipping the balance.

The least environmentally impacting diet would be some sort of liquid nutrient shake diet. All the needed nutrients without needing to impact the world through farming.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.