The Student Room Group

Croydon man arrested by police, released without charge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirty Dawah
If he took pictures of her and plastered them around the internet claiming she is a terrorist whilst wrongfully imprisoning her, then yes.

the reason he ended up round the internet wasn't because of the police - the newspapers had already put his pictures on the internet after the "twitter scandal", should he get compensation from them?
Original post by MagicNMedicine
the reason he ended up round the internet wasn't because of the police - the newspapers had already put his pictures on the internet after the "twitter scandal", should he get compensation from them?

No so long as they made no libelous claims, in this case the police clearly acted outside the law.
Being arrested by the police and having his name and face all over the national news with 'racist/hate speech/Isamophobia' is already a punishment and a deterrent for a crime that currently doesn't exist.

It is what stops good people from speaking their mind on the issue, it is a purposeful and premeditated way to enforce censorship on topics by the establishment.

That this is happening at all is showing of how much ground we have actually lost to Islam and the anti-free speech lobbyists, what type of person is actually going to speak up about it when people are being arrested for things like this. It would be career and social suicide for the majority.

Others have been dragged through the courts all over Europe for speaking ill of Islam or not being as tactfully submissive while addressing the new ruling class.
Are we going to have to compensate the Muslim woman who he confronted about the terrorist attacks because maybe her feelings were hurt and she was triggered?

We don't have to, but he might if she sued him for harassment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Grand High Witch

The police could have prosecuted for a public order offense if it was actually harassment, with or without a complaint from the victim, that they didn't shows that it is not harassment.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
The police could have prosecuted for a public order offense if it was actually harassment, with or without a complaint from the victim, that they didn't shows that it is not harassment.

Harassment can be pursued in the civil courts as well as by the police.
Harassment can be pursued in the civil courts as well as by the police.

Yeah but, if it was harassment it would have been in the public interest to prosecute. Not only does the CPS have an obligation to do so, they also leave themselves open to be sued by taking no action.

I would think if there was a case to be had, they would have pursued it. The alternative scenario is a state authorized indifference to the harassment minority groups, Willful neglect of their well-being, it's tantamount to persecution.

I don't hold the judicial system in the highest regards, but I think their sense of job preservation would certainly kick in on a case like this.

Harassment, by definition, involves repeated actions. There was only one action here.
He didn't get charged, the police just asked him a few questions, boo hoo now people are saying he should get compensation from the taxpayer.

Are we going to have to compensate the Muslim woman who he confronted about the terrorist attacks because maybe her feelings were hurt and she was triggered?

Lol no. She wouldn't deserve a penny.

Original post by Howard
No. We're saying he should sue the individual PC Plods directly. Read the thread Fred.

If the Muslim he 'confronted" (rather; asked a question of) has hurt feelings then she can sue the man in question.

I'm sure even you can see that there's a big difference between wrongful arrest, wrongful imprisonment, having your name splashed over the front pages, being smeared as a racist, and (probably) losing your livelihood than being asked a question in the street.

And btw, he WAS actually charged. The charges were dropped when the CPS decided the clowns in uniform that pass themselves off as law enforcement didn't have a leg to stand on.

Why the constables themselves? Were they not ordered to go pick them up? Surely it would be whoever made the decision to arrest them, if it wasn't the officers themselves. I'd be surprised if it was them, they wouldn't have the authority to do that.
Guy was a douche/idiot but I don't think there was enough to arrest him or really question him actually. I mean if he had followed he around and harnessed her then that would make sense.
Original post by Good bloke
Harassment, by definition, involves repeated actions. There was only one action here.

At a stretch you could say posting about it on Twitter, publicly, was the second act.
Reply 31
Original post by thunder_chunky
Lol no. She wouldn't deserve a penny.

Why the constables themselves? Were they not ordered to go pick them up? Surely it would be whoever made the decision to arrest them, if it wasn't the officers themselves. I'd be surprised if it was them, they wouldn't have the authority to do that.

OK. Whatever brain surgeon made the decision. My point is simply that these dumbasses need to be held accountable for their decisions.
Reply 32
At a stretch you could say posting about it on Twitter, publicly, was the second act.

No.
Original post by Howard
OK. Whatever brain surgeon made the decision. My point is simply that these dumbasses need to be held accountable for their decisions.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending