Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No I would want to pay for my own half anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's better to half the bill
    Halve,* and it's generally expected of the guy to offer to pay e.g. at least initially, on the first date, at least :scrooge:

ReputationRep:
    We usually go halfsies, but if one of us pays for one meal, the next time the other has to foot it. That being said I think I owe my boyfriend about six lunches at this point...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope. I never make my boyfriend pay. We usually just pay for our own stuff unless we want to treat each other every so often.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you girls are liars smh

ReputationRep:
    I insist on paying on a first date. I feel like the girl offers to go halves out of politeness but deep down would rather the male pay.

ReputationRep:
    nope, with my eating habits I'd rather spare him the bankruptcy and pay for myself

ReputationRep:
    I think dividing the bill is the fair thing to do, however, as a note on etiquette, the man attempting to pay the bill but the woman offering to pay half for the man to agree is a good way to overcome tradition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    would you expect a guy to pay for ur food on a date?
    Well, if he wants to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Halve,* and it's generally expected of the guy to offer to pay e.g. at least initially, on the first date, at least :scrooge:
    Thanks for the correction?

Really? First time I'm hearing this. Has this been the case for you? I've always just split the bill :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Nahhh course not... double standards if you do!
    I'd offer to pay my half and his if i liked him
    But in general, i think going halvsies is acceptable for both parties

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the correction?
    You're welcome

Has this been the case for you?
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm quite cunning/rarely wow'ed by dates, so I tend to say something leading like: 'shall we get the bill'? If they don't offer to pay at that juncture then I'll go ahead and go through the motions of paying, and if they don't jump in and offer to pay at least some, if not half, well then that's a big -1 (unless they're fairly skint, which is never the case) :naughty:

I've always just split the bill :dontknow:
    You're a good girl, but there are some women out there who are super traditional and/or spoilt and/or presumptious :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You're welcome

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm quite cunning/rarely wow'ed by dates, so I tend to say something leading like: 'shall we get the bill'? If they don't offer to pay at that juncture then I'll go ahead and go through the motions of paying, and if they don't jump in and offer to pay at least some, if not half, well then that's a big -1 (unless they're fairly skint, which is never the case) :naughty:

You're a good girl, but there are some women out there who are super traditional and/or spoilt and/or presumptious :rolleyes:
    Ah okay,in all honesty I always thought you were pretty impressed with your dates from what you've told me etc

I'm traditional too but not in that sense,when it comes to marriage and the idea of getting married. That's when I'm super traditional

ReputationRep:
    I take girls to usually the best restaurants I can find so I don't blame them for not wanting to pay half.

ReputationRep:
    No, never.
    I hate being paid for it makes me very uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    No, tbh I don't see why girls expect guys to pay. Splitting the bill is more fair, I do that with my friends as well

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay,in all honesty I always thought you were pretty impressed with your dates from what you've told me etc
    Most impress on some level, but never yet dated a girl who could inspire me to great acts of generosity and romance :dancing:

I'm traditional too but not in that sense,when it comes to marriage and the idea of getting married. That's when I'm super traditional
    Best of both worlds

Spoiler:
    Show
    Speaking of dating, and different worlds, should you wish to be accompanied by a gentleman companion of the tall, blonde persuasion, this one'll be in London for near enough a week as of next Mon/Tues

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants to buy me food, I'm set!

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    I expect woman to be all of it as I'm the guy. In return we give them sex so its fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never thought of it that way.
    (PS particularly is are as tasty as the photo in the avatar!)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.