Can I divide both sides by tan(x)? Watch

the81kid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Zacken)
It shows that \tan x can't/doesn't equal 0, not just x. It's an important distinction.
I think I understand. It takes a while for some of these math concepts to really sink in : / but it's definitely clearer now.
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by the81kid)
I think I understand. It takes a while for some of these math concepts to really sink in : / but it's definitely clearer now.
What are you final solutions?
the81kid
Rep:
?
What are you final solutions?
Do you mean which A-level module?
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you mean which A-level module?
No, for this question, what are the final answers you get?
the81kid
Rep:
?
No, for this question, what are the final answers you get?
Ah, haha. I get x= π/4 , π3/4
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah, haha. I get x= π/4 , π3/4
Yep!
the81kid
Rep:
?
Yep!
I understand almost everything, but once in a while something comes up which I don't understand and I want to understand - instead of just accepting it. That could cause problems in the exams, if I don't understand exactly how it works.

Tbh, I may have made a mistake. I'm a "mature" student (34) and I really wanted to get out of my job this year and to a university degree/master's I want. One of my options wanted this a-level. So I entered myself for the exams before I'd learned much of the maths. I've quit almost all my work hours and learned nearly half the A-level maths, but there's still about 1 1/2 months til the first math exams. I'm getting a bit panicky now. I may have been a bit rash in registering myself.

In any case, many thanks for your help! It helps me a lot.
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I understand almost everything, but once in a while something comes up which I don't understand and I want to understand - instead of just accepting it. That could cause problems in the exams, if I don't understand exactly how it works.

Tbh, I may have made a mistake. I'm a "mature" student (34) and I really wanted to get out of my job this year and to a university degree/master's I want. One of my options wanted this a-level. So I entered myself for the exams before I'd learned much of the maths. I've quit almost all my work hours and learned nearly half the A-level maths, but there's still about 1 1/2 months til the first math exams. I'm getting a bit panicky now. I may have been a bit rash in registering myself.

In any case, many thanks for your help! It helps me a lot.
Oh, that's admirable. I did something similar, although I'm seventeen, I quit school and self-taught myself A-Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics in 3 months and sat the exams this Jan. If I can do it, then so can you. I know that feeling of panic all too well, but you just gotta keep your cool and it'll end up fine.

Good luck!
the81kid
Rep:
?
Oh, that's admirable. I did something similar, although I'm seventeen, I quit school and self-taught myself A-Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics in 3 months and sat the exams this Jan. If I can do it, then so can you. I know that feeling of panic all too well, but you just gotta keep your cool and it'll end up fine.

Good luck!
Wow, my hero! I taught myself Math GCSE back when I was 17. It sounds like you have a really good head for maths though. I consider myself better than average, and I love to learn, but I don't think I'm any genius. This math a-level is definitely doable, but there's a limit to how fast I can absorb it.

Congratulations on your a-levels! I've got maths and biology, although that's pretty easy, it's really just a memory test. I'll try to keep my cool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (174)
80.56%
Leave (42)
19.44%

Watched Threads