Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone going NCS this summer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes 4th July South West

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_cbc)
    really wow was your group really friendly im just scared about the fact i wont know anyone haha.
    I was on a wave where I knew nobody when I first walked in (which was really scary in the moment) and honestly when I first sat down I was regretting my decision to do it knowing nobody. But once we all got talking- I pushed myself to make conversation even to people I wouldn't normally speak to and things just naturally progress. They set it up for us so that we have ample time to chat and get to know eachother! The first week is the best!! (And that's coming from someone who thought they hated outdoor pursuits)

ReputationRep:
    i chose the one in july.
    what date in july?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    It was alright. My problem was that it was predictable, and I did similar stuff before. Your experience could also depend on the type of people that will be in your group, but you should have fun nonetheless
    oh right and hopefully i will
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by idkfarah)
    Honestly, I was apprehensive about committing 3 weeks to NCS last year as I didn't know much about it- but it was so worth it. Apart from it actually being so much fun meeting tonnes of new people I wouldn't have met otherwise from all different schools and colleges and living away for 2 weeks, it has helped me so much in terms of personal statements and applying for work experience
    Aw thank you and hopefully I'll enjoy it. What wave did you go on? I'm on the third wave and I'm worried in case I can't pick up my results, what happens in those circumstances if you experienced them?

ReputationRep:
    I was on a wave where I knew nobody when I first walked in (which was really scary in the moment) and honestly when I first sat down I was regretting my decision to do it knowing nobody. But once we all got talking- I pushed myself to make conversation even to people I wouldn't normally speak to and things just naturally progress. They set it up for us so that we have ample time to chat and get to know eachother! The first week is the best!! (And that's coming from someone who thought they hated outdoor pursuits)
    ooooooh wow seems great thats actually really cool hopefully i end up having lots of fun like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjanee15)
    what date in july?
    23rd july

ReputationRep:
    23rd july
    aw shame, I'm dreading it

ReputationRep:
    ooooooh wow seems great thats actually really cool hopefully i end up having lots of fun like you
    I'm sure you will if you make the most of the opportunity to have fun and push yourself!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Aw thank you and hopefully I'll enjoy it. What wave did you go on? I'm on the third wave and I'm worried in case I can't pick up my results, what happens in those circumstances if you experienced them?
    Hope you enjoy it!! I did it in July so didn't have that problem, does results day fall into one of your residential weeks(1 and 2)? Or the third week? Cause if it's the third week (for me anyway) it was a 4 day week, so you'd probably get the day off no idea what happens if it's residential!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Hope you enjoy it!! I did it in July so didn't have that problem, does results day fall into one of your residential weeks(1 and 2)? Or the third week? Cause if it's the third week (for me anyway) it was a 4 day week, so you'd probably get the day off no idea what happens if it's residential!
    Thank you and yeah it falls under the residential week so I have no idea either!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any questions about NCS then feel free to ask, I did it in summer last year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and yeah it falls under the residential week so I have no idea either!
    You're best emailing/phoning up?? I'm sure they'll have a plan cause nearly everyone will have results day too
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You're best emailing/phoning up?? I'm sure they'll have a plan cause nearly everyone will have results day too
    I'll ask in the Q&A session as I have AS and GCSE results day as I'm retaking a GCSE exam to get a higher grade because I want an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I'll ask in the Q&A session as I have AS and GCSE results day as I'm retaking a GCSE exam to get a higher grade because I want an A*.
    sounds good & ooh good luck in that! Hope your exams go well
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    sounds good & ooh good luck in that! Hope your exams go well
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    can you apply if youre 17 :/
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    can you apply if youre 17 :/
    15-17. I'm surprised you didn't do it before. And I'm a special case they let on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, chose 22nd June (the first one).

ReputationRep:
    15-17. I'm surprised you didn't do it before. And I'm a special case they let on.
    oh i was going to but i decided to go on holiday instead lmao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.