Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    I want to do Physics (which I'm good at) but it's also good to take maths so I'm trying to improve in that too. On average I got a B in maths (2 marks off of an A) and it was because I'd forgot simple things (I'd revised hard topics and forgot how to do squared nth term).
    Unlucky, I guess. Just keep up the past papers because they tend to repeat themselves a lot.

And if there is anything you don't understand, ask your teacher or post on TSR. That's really the key to getting on the good side of maths.
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    What did you get in GCSE's if I may ask?
    Rather not say

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would be so happy- did my gcse's last year and im doing my A levels now and honestly A levels are SO much more important, especially for Unis. Those grades are amazing and keep working as you are and your results will be amazing in the summer! good luck and well done xxx
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Student403)
    Unlucky, I guess. Just keep up the past papers because they tend to repeat themselves a lot.

And if there is anything you don't understand, ask your teacher or post on TSR. That's really the key to getting on the good side of maths.

Rather not say
    Honestly, you have nothing to be embarrassed about my current working grades are garbage
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Katiemote)
    Personally I would be so happy- did my gcse's last year and im doing my A levels now and honestly A levels are SO much more important, especially for Unis. Those grades are amazing and keep working as you are and your results will be amazing in the summer! good luck and well done xxx
    What did you get in GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Honestly, you have nothing to be embarrassed about my current working grades are garbage
    I'm not embarrassed lol I just don't usually say
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not embarrassed lol I just don't usually say
    Oh ok still though I bet you got straight A's/A*'s

ReputationRep:
    For you thats great, but if i got those, i would just drink bleach, my existence would be irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    5A*s, 4As and a B

ReputationRep:
    5 or 6A*s is ideal i think, and you really dont want Bs, especially in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Dude they're fine. You'll be able to get into a sixth form/college to take your A-Levels. Even with 5 C's you can get into a sixth form to do A-Levels. GCSE's really aren't that deep. You'll realise that once you get to university.
    Okay I feel a bit less stressed out now

ReputationRep:

Rather not say
    That is what I'm doing and I've seen a great improvement. I went from a C in December to nearly an A in March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiemote)
    Thanksssssss I feel a little less stressed out now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    For you thats great, but if i got those, i would just drink bleach, my existence would be irrelevant.
    Haha xD What are you aiming to be?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you ranking calc and non calc individually? And Spanish reading and listening?

ReputationRep:
    Haha xD What are you aiming to be?

In the future i want to be a Stock Broker/Investment Banker.

For A - Levels I want to do:

Maths
    Physics
    Economics
    Computing/Further Maths

So yeah Ideally i want to be heading to a top uni, maybe Cambridge, LSE or Warwick for Economics

ReputationRep:
    That is what I'm doing and I've seen a great improvement. I went from a C in December to nearly an A in March.
    Good job - keep it up

Woo woo woooo you know it!

ReputationRep:
    Those grades are way better than what i got.
    I would be ecstatic whith those grades.
    My highest was 4 B's with some C's and D's

ReputationRep:
    Okay I feel a bit less stressed out now
    Yeah honestly the stress isn't worth it. I remember freaking out about my GCSE's. I didn't do as well as you did, but now I'm almost finishing up my second year at uni and I've received at 1st in a majority of my modules thus far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    In the future i want to be a Stock Broker/Investment Banker.

For A - Levels I want to do:

Maths
    Physics
    Economics
    Computing/Further Maths

So yeah Ideally i want to be heading to a top uni, maybe Cambridge, LSE or Warwick for Economics
    Nice profile pic man...i can imagine you would smile like that with good gcse results

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.