Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kiss on a first date? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you kiss on a first date?
    Hell yeah!
    37.56%
    Absolutely not
    10.84%
    Not sure/it would depend
    51.60%

ReputationRep:
    depends on vibe you know

(Original post by Airmed)
    I've never been on a date but probably not.
    I seem to remember you mentioning a boyfriend... :erm:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I seem to remember you mentioning a boyfriend... :erm:
    I do. We just don't do dates. Unless you consider trips to bookstores and staring at pretty books as dates.

I do. We just don't do dates.
    Yeah, but what about before you knew each other? Like, how did you get into the relationship without ever going on a date? xD

Unless you consider trips to bookstores and staring at pretty books as dates.
    They can be considered dates, yes. Unconventional dates, but dates nonetheless. :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you ever... read together? :eek:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah, but what about before you knew each other? Like, how did you get into the relationship without ever going on a date? xD

They can be considered dates, yes. Unconventional dates, but dates nonetheless. :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you ever... read together? :eek:
    Haha, story time from Cesca:

I knew him for 4 days before we first kissed.It was Freshers and my flat all went out, and we got talking, and it just happened. Seven months later here we are moving in together next year.

Ok, so I have been on unconventional dates!

Spoiler:
    Show
    We read different things mostly, but yeah, we sometimes sit and read.

ReputationRep:
    Oh heavens no!

ReputationRep:
    Always :smug:

Haha, story time from Cesca:
    I'll call you Fran. :cool:

I knew him for 4 days before we first kissed.It was Freshers and my flat all went out, and we got talking, and it just happened. Seven months later here we are moving in together next year.

Ok, so I have been on unconventional dates!
    That's a very cute story. Although the bold text is dangerously close to describing a date.

Spoiler:
    Show
    We read different things mostly, but yeah, we sometimes sit and read.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, that's quite admirable. I can't imagine being comfortable enough with another person to read with them. :holmes: Doesn't it get annoying asking them if they're done reading before you turn the page?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Nothing more than a hug at the end if it has gone well. Might not go for the kiss until 2/3 dates in.

ReputationRep:
    I always kiss on the first date... then I know if they're a good kisser and if it's worth carrying on the dating.

Depends on what sort of kiss it is. If it's full tongue then probably not unless I was crazy in love. If it's like a kiss on the cheek for a goodbye or lips then that's more likely. So... it depends...

I had no idea you were all such prudes. I'd say sex on a first date is unremarkable, never mind kissing. I obviously go out with ladies of questionable virtue.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'll call you Fran. :cool:
    You have to be special, don't you?

That's a very cute story. Although the bold text is dangerously close to describing a date.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, that's quite admirable. I can't imagine being comfortable enough with another person to read with them. :holmes: Doesn't it get annoying asking them if they're done reading before you turn the page?
    We were all drunk. It was in a club.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a much faster reader but it doesn't bother me in the slightest

You have to be special, don't you?
    Only for you.

We were all drunk. It was in a club.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a much faster reader but it doesn't bother me in the slightest
    Ah, the potency of the grape and the grain. Works every time. :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, I respect that. :3

i **** on the first date
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Only for you.
    I appreciate it.

Ah, the potency of the grape and the grain. Works every time. :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, I respect that. :3
    OK, well, yeah... But I think I was in a more sober mind when we kissed than earlier in the evening at pres!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks. I used to think it would bother me (yes, I think about insane things) but when you find the right person it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    id shag on the first date.

OK, well, yeah... But I think I was in a more sober mind when we kissed than earlier in the evening at pres!
    I can understand why you might want to think that that was the case retrospectively, but I'll take your word for it. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks. I used to think it would bother me (yes, I think about insane things) but when you find the right person it doesn't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't help but be slightly amused at the thought (yes, I think about insane things, too ) of finding the right person during freshers' week while at a club, of all times and places. But kudos to you for managing it.

ReputationRep:
    ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Oh heavens no!
    why not

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.