Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email on friday the 8th and replied within a few hours. I still haven't heard back from them, starting to worry as exams are close haha

ReputationRep:
    I also received this email and similar scenario to OP, summer internship in Audit and I only got past the online stage before getting rejected in September last year. I replied on Sunday 4th April and just received an email saying I've been successful and will be moving onto the telephone interview. They said they'll contact me within 10 days with further info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkzs)
    I also received this email and similar scenario to OP, summer internship in Audit and I only got past the online stage before getting rejected in September last year. I replied on Sunday 4th April and just received an email saying I've been successful and will be moving onto the telephone interview. They said they'll contact me within 10 days with further info.
    I replied on the 4th too - except it was a Monday? Good luck! Let me know what correspondence you recieve

ReputationRep:
    Whoops getting my dates mixed up! Will do

ReputationRep:
    Bit worrying for me as I replied on the 1st for assurance and still no reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    Bit worrying for me as I replied on the 1st for assurance and still no reply.
    I would call the person who emailed you? Their number should be at the bottom of their signature? They did say it would take two weeks since receipt of reply and in your case, it's been two weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatsal)
    I would call the person who emailed you? Their number should be at the bottom of their signature? They did say it would take two weeks since receipt of reply and in your case, it's been two weeks
    Just got an email for telephone interview

EDIT: i've clicked on the link they sent me to confirm a time to book the interview but it sent me to complete their "Social Mobility – for Monitoring and Equal Opportunities". Afterwards, the website says says my application is on hold, i guess until they verify it. Anybody else had this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of declining to proceed further in the application, as exams are coming up and I really need to do well in these exams. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkzs)
    I'm thinking of declining to proceed further in the application, as exams are coming up and I really need to do well in these exams. good luck!
    Why don't you just take the telephone interview anyway just with less preparation. You never know, you could make it through but if you don't then it doesn't matter...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a case of reinstating the 'near-misses'. I received this email and didn't even pass the psychometric tests. I do, however, have a masters in tax law - the stream for which I applied. EY's selection of applicants clearly transcends 'near-misses'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM654)
    I don't think it's a case of reinstating the 'near-misses'. I received this email and didn't even pass the psychometric tests. I do, however, have a masters in tax law - the stream for which I applied. EY's selection of applicants clearly transcends 'near-misses'.
    I think that this year was the introduction of the business behaviours in the psychometric tests resulting in them rejecting more people than they originally intended. To combat this, it looks to me that they have just given another chance to those candidates who have done well in the numerical in order to hit their recruitment targets.

ReputationRep:
    I think that this year was the introduction of the business behaviours in the psychometric tests resulting in them rejecting more people than they originally intended. To combat this, it looks to me that they have just given another chance to those candidates who have done well in the numerical in order to hit their recruitment targets.
    Ah ok, plausible explanation! Although I can imagine there are many, many applicants that this would apply to. It would be far too laborious and would consume far too much time to revisit all the applications of those who failed the situational judgment test. Something more at play here I believe !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med_Geek)
    X
    I too just got invited to the webinar, is it useful at all?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything at all looks like it's bad news for me good luck to everyone who received a phone interview !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatsal)
    I still haven't heard anything at all looks like it's bad news for me good luck to everyone who received a phone interview !!!
    Still nothing?

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing?
    Just heard back now! Got an email to say they'll be in touch soon about the next stages!

ReputationRep:
    I too just got invited to the webinar, is it useful at all?
    I found it to be pretty useful

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing?
    It is useful and really informative. It is a really personal way to prepare you for interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefullgraduate)
    It is useful and really informative. It is a really personal way to prepare you for interview.
    Yeah thanks, I've got my interview tomorrow. Do you have an offer for full time then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks, I've got my interview tomorrow. Do you have an offer for full time then?
    Just waiting on an assessment centre date

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.