Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people bully at school? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    It's just disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i have no idea xD but if you are in marry old england then if you are white eastern european with a polite demeanour expect to get bullied until you stop caring for life. if however, you are brown/black and a muslim, expect the red carpet to be given out to you xD just saying because i saw this first hand when i was in school; and before anyone says anything silly, no, i am not a racist or what have you since i too am human xP but secondly, you can't deny that certain groups get leverage more so than others...add girls to that list will ya? haha

but to you question, why do they bully? idk because they are not good at anything else. maybe it is a simple case of misery loves company. or maybe it is the fact that teachers don't stop the bullying and the parents of the bully are just as bad; monkey see monkey do. it could be that these bullies are well off and the way they act is acceptable in their circles. or as one girl once told me, because bullying is fun.

as you have already noted, i hope, i myself was victim to bullying. with only one guy in my entire life standing up for me, and that happened during secondary. idk it felt really bad, you know? could i forgive them, never. because they took away the "best" parts of my life and put me in solitude.

used to be great at making friends as a child, but we moved and **** hit the fan. all i can say is, silence is not power and ignoring their actions is what they want you to do. if i could go back in time, i would kick their asses, men, women and whatever creed xP idk teens can be cruel, but then adults are so jaded that they could care less.

bullying, i never understood it. why would you be mean for the sole purpose of fun? unless everyone seems to see you as an outcast, then you have your odds stacked against you i am afraid. why do people bully? is the same as, why do people murder? idk, maybe because they can and they know they won't get punished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It's not true darling.

Let me just give my insight as a bully in high school, because I was.

First off, I got good grades. At least as far as bullies go lol. I didn't ever revise, nor did I care at all for my GCSEs but would always get As in papers. Secondly, I sincerely thought I was better than everyone else that I bullied. They were either really dumb, or they were incapable of making lots of friends (i.e. they weren't as charismatic as me, ironically they probably did have actual friends whereas I had none, just acquaintances and accomplices...) or other problems such as them being from a scruffy rough family, or them being too stuck up for no reason. Whatever. But I did think I was above them and even in hindsight I probably was in all honestly.

Why did I bully? I bullied because it meant that others would not bully me. And it gave me 'popularity'. Now, why as a young teen one wants to be so popular I am not sure because now as an adult I am extremely unpopular and don't really have any friends outside of my gf... And I'm quite happy with that. I don't know why I wanted so many pathetic relationships back then. Honestly, it probably is just related to power. It was a very hierachal system in our high school and because of all my 'mates' I had connections everwyhere. Nobody would dare bully me because it just wasn't worth it and really I could do what I want.

I obviously didn't take school very seriously for its academic purpose. It was more 'entertainment' for me - just something I had to do. And so yeah, I mostly bullied because it got me lots of power which was fun to use. Of course, there is also a massive issue concerning my immorality then too. I had no understanding of morality at all and very little empathy for those I was hurting. That is whole other topic though as to why young teens lack empathy...
    ur just an evil monster basically

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea; I think some of mine bullied me out of jealousy; that I got better grades than they did and they got announced to the whole class. It was probably amplified by the fact that I was tall, redhaired and socially awkward due to my aspergers syndrome and I hung out with all the 'outcasts' of the school year not giving a ****. Part of it might have been I was essentially a middle class girl with professional parents living in a good area going to school with deprived kids in a deprived area and that showed in my speech (I forever got told I was posh because I didn't talk like a complete retard) All these factors combined and I stuck out like a sore thumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It's not true darling.

Let me just give my insight as a bully in high school, because I was.

First off, I got good grades. At least as far as bullies go lol. I didn't ever revise, nor did I care at all for my GCSEs but would always get As in papers. Secondly, I sincerely thought I was better than everyone else that I bullied. They were either really dumb, or they were incapable of making lots of friends (i.e. they weren't as charismatic as me, ironically they probably did have actual friends whereas I had none, just acquaintances and accomplices...) or other problems such as them being from a scruffy rough family, or them being too stuck up for no reason. Whatever. But I did think I was above them and even in hindsight I probably was in all honestly.

Why did I bully? I bullied because it meant that others would not bully me. And it gave me 'popularity'. Now, why as a young teen one wants to be so popular I am not sure because now as an adult I am extremely unpopular and don't really have any friends outside of my gf... And I'm quite happy with that. I don't know why I wanted so many pathetic relationships back then. Honestly, it probably is just related to power. It was a very hierachal system in our high school and because of all my 'mates' I had connections everwyhere. Nobody would dare bully me because it just wasn't worth it and really I could do what I want.

I obviously didn't take school very seriously for its academic purpose. It was more 'entertainment' for me - just something I had to do. And so yeah, I mostly bullied because it got me lots of power which was fun to use. Of course, there is also a massive issue concerning my immorality then too. I had no understanding of morality at all and very little empathy for those I was hurting. That is whole other topic though as to why young teens lack empathy...
    Smart bullies like you are the minority rather than the rule. In my experience, and this is backed up by research; most bullies are as thick as pig****. You don't strike me as the type to be a bully, honestly, so I'm a little bit surprised and doubtful about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Smart bullies like you are the minority rather than the rule. In my experience, and this is backed up by research; most bullied are as thick as pig****. You don't strike me as the type to be a bully, honestly, so I'm a little bit surprised and doubtful about this
    Well our high school was weird so maybe that was it...

That's great to hear! Honestly. That means that I have changed for the better and that comes across even just over my texting on the internet. I have changed massively though since them. I am anything but a bully now.

I am very moral and very empathetic. I would love to meet my friends from high school now and put them all in a cage one by one and beat the **** out of them. I'm just that moral looooool. Nah, seriously though, they deserve it. Because I know they ain't no different. Dicks.

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    Did you apologize?
    Yes, to those I still see

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.