Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Music to wake up to. Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Really depends tbh. Some days I wake up with a million thoughts running through my head and I just need something to chill me out a bit, other days I need a kick up the arse :lol:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    lmao true but i still like his lyrics
    but no one can beat lowkey, guy was stopped from spitting the truth
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Do you rep manny 01612125? lol
    Now you're talking. Lowkey used to go in the hardest. He stopped for studies apparently but probs also bcus of not getting enough publicity since too much truth
    Yes! I remember lowkey back in the day, guy spoke some realism. Like you said maybe that's why his music died down a bit.

The one posted above though.. that's a first for me for quite a while. Realised how he was more into his lyrics than just the tune. The problem with music these days is it's only ever about sex, bums, boobs, how many girls you've shagged etc etc. It's probably a reason why kids **** up so much because they listen to crap like that. The one you posted is an example of something worth listening to - it has a message.

ReputationRep:
    Nick Drake, especially when it's a warm summer morning

(Original post by NadeemKha_Arab)
    Yes! I remember lowkey back in the day, guy spoke some realism. Like you said maybe that's why his music died down a bit.

The one posted above though.. that's a first for me for quite a while. Realised how he was more into his lyrics than just the tune. The problem with music these days is it's only ever about sex, bums, boobs, how many girls you've shagged etc etc. It's probably a reason why kids **** up so much because they listen to crap like that. The one you posted is an example of something worth listening to - it has a message.
    Yep, I agree. The tune does matter though, for me anyway. I only just got used to understanding what Giggs is about with his monotone voice lol

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I agree. The tune does matter though, for me anyway. I only just got used to understanding what Giggs is about with his monotone voice lol
    Yeah, the tune matters, defo! If the tunes crap i'll probably listen to it once and thats it haha. I'm not really into music, but I do like listening to grime and hip hop. Just depends who it's by

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you rep manny 01612125? lol
    Now you're talking. Lowkey used to go in the hardest. He stopped for studies apparently but probs also bcus of not getting enough publicity since too much truth
    i dont lol
    yeah he did and theres this vid on YT of him talking how his house got raided and arabic writing was stolen, shady af
    still hoping he comes back one day, such a loss

(Original post by NadeemKha_Arab)
    yeah man i defo agree with that. main reason i listen to this kinda grime tbh, its the realest out of all genres and it makes you think about stuff
    and lol thats too true, especially that mainstream rap, its all bs and the same :/

listen to this one as well, its on the chill side and hits you right in the feels lol
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I have this as my alarm and it works pretty well

ReputationRep:
    i dont lol
    yeah he did and theres this vid on YT of him talking how his house got raided and arabic writing was stolen, shady af

thats why he had to quit, it's 100% true. He didn't stop cos of money/publicity any of that bullsh1t. He was already doing tours around the world and his platform started to grow so they thought **** it lets stop him before it's too late. Same goes for mic righteous who still makes music but he's been abit emo for the last 2 years so obviously his going through things which he isn't telling anyone about

ReputationRep:
    i dont lol

yeah man i defo agree with that. main reason i listen to this kinda grime tbh, its the realest out of all genres and it makes you think about stuff
    and lol thats too true, especially that mainstream rap, its all bs and the same :/

listen to this one as well, its on the chill side and hits you right in the feels lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I really need to start listening to more of this stuff. Really got to me! Link Up TV? I'll check it out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hooked on this song :drool:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floydacious)
    That hits the spot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.