Edexcel AS Literature- comparison of novels Watch

Babs Posh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chicagokid1998)
how did the poetry streetcar exam go? think this is like the latest reply ever lmao
Haha that's alright It wasn't disastrous but I'm pretty sure I did badly... I compared The Deliverer with A Leisure Centre which is certainly not okay

Streetcar was probably the worst though, I chose the vulnerability question and kind of made it up, I had planned for an essay on a character because that's what they did in the example papers Oh well, really hoping for a lenient examiner haha

How did it go for you?
chicagokid1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Babs Posh)
Haha that's alright It wasn't disastrous but I'm pretty sure I did badly... I compared The Deliverer with A Leisure Centre which is certainly not okay

Streetcar was probably the worst though, I chose the vulnerability question and kind of made it up, I had planned for an essay on a character because that's what they did in the example papers Oh well, really hoping for a lenient examiner haha

How did it go for you?
Opening the paper and seeing Out of the bag **** me up. I compared the deliverer with effects but I rushed it for more time on streetcar, and then on streetcar everything was just so messy and unorganised but oh well its done now... and am dreading the novels I've got quotes but Idk how to revise for this tbh
Babs Posh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chicagokid1998)
Opening the paper and seeing Out of the bag **** me up. I compared the deliverer with effects but I rushed it for more time on streetcar, and then on streetcar everything was just so messy and unorganised but oh well its done now... and am dreading the novels I've got quotes but Idk how to revise for this tbh
I'm dreading prose too I haven't even started revising for it properly yet... Oops. Good luck, you'll be fine!
BlueBandanna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys I'm studying Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale for Science and Society

Some themes I've looked at to compare are:
Relationships
How science can destroy rather than create
Victims
Identity
Science and social order
Birth

Always good to go over context of both authors Frankenstein- Her mother, relationships, religion and slave trade, THT- 2nd wave feminism, Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq war, AIDS. Also look at the generic qualities of the themes!

Hope this helps someone!
lascelles101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by drrebeccakirby)
Hi, Suzanexo!
I teach those, so I can definitely send you some resources that I use with my students!
hi
please may you send me any reosurces you have on HMT and frankenstien, i would be very grateful
thank you
Henna98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, Suzanexo!
I teach those, so I can definitely send you some resources that I use with my students!
Can you send me these also please
shaunyy99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, Suzanexo!
Good morning, would you be able to send me the resources you use for Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale?

Thanks
KatieWoolwich
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I just wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any resources you have for teaching the comparison of HMT and Frankenstein? We have changed our prose selection quite late, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you
rubiemayy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KatieWoolwich)
Hi, I just wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any resources you have for teaching the comparison of HMT and Frankenstein? We have changed our prose selection quite late, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you
When are your exams?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (33)
97.06%
No (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads