Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicagokid1998)
    how did the poetry streetcar exam go? think this is like the latest reply ever lmao
    Haha that's alright It wasn't disastrous but I'm pretty sure I did badly... I compared The Deliverer with A Leisure Centre which is certainly not okay

Streetcar was probably the worst though, I chose the vulnerability question and kind of made it up, I had planned for an essay on a character because that's what they did in the example papers Oh well, really hoping for a lenient examiner haha

How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    Haha that's alright It wasn't disastrous but I'm pretty sure I did badly... I compared The Deliverer with A Leisure Centre which is certainly not okay

Streetcar was probably the worst though, I chose the vulnerability question and kind of made it up, I had planned for an essay on a character because that's what they did in the example papers Oh well, really hoping for a lenient examiner haha

How did it go for you?
    Opening the paper and seeing Out of the bag **** me up. I compared the deliverer with effects but I rushed it for more time on streetcar, and then on streetcar everything was just so messy and unorganised but oh well its done now... and am dreading the novels I've got quotes but Idk how to revise for this tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicagokid1998)
    Opening the paper and seeing Out of the bag **** me up. I compared the deliverer with effects but I rushed it for more time on streetcar, and then on streetcar everything was just so messy and unorganised but oh well its done now... and am dreading the novels I've got quotes but Idk how to revise for this tbh
    I'm dreading prose too I haven't even started revising for it properly yet... Oops. Good luck, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm studying Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale for Science and Society

Some themes I've looked at to compare are:
    Relationships
    How science can destroy rather than create
    Victims
    Identity
    Science and social order
    Birth

Always good to go over context of both authors Frankenstein- Her mother, relationships, religion and slave trade, THT- 2nd wave feminism, Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq war, AIDS. Also look at the generic qualities of the themes!

Hope this helps someone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drrebeccakirby)
    Hi, Suzanexo!
    I teach those, so I can definitely send you some resources that I use with my students!
    hi
    please may you send me any reosurces you have on HMT and frankenstien, i would be very grateful
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Suzanexo!
    I teach those, so I can definitely send you some resources that I use with my students!
    Can you send me these also please

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Suzanexo!
    Good morning, would you be able to send me the resources you use for Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any resources you have for teaching the comparison of HMT and Frankenstein? We have changed our prose selection quite late, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieWoolwich)
    Hi, I just wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any resources you have for teaching the comparison of HMT and Frankenstein? We have changed our prose selection quite late, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you
    When are your exams?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.