Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Its my birthday today and nobody cares :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday sweetie x <3

dont be upset about this! Work hard and be happy! You have a bright future ahead of yourself!

Tbf I can't stand birthdays

ReputationRep:
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~

Please don't be sad!!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Hey anon, I made you a birthday card! :awesome:
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg IMG_20160405_214138.jpg (179.9 KB)

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Happy birthday
    Do you not have any family you could talk to?
    Nope. None at all.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Happy birthday sweetheart. Feel better soon. Now GET OUT THERE and party your butt off. :bunny: You deserve it. And who knows, maybe you'll meet a guy? I'm sure you are beautiful. The only thing holding you back is shyness and self doubt.

Things will get better...
    :birthday:
    My best friend keeps saying I should go out on my own but I can't do it, even when i'm drunk i'm not confident enough to talk to people.

I just want people in my life to spend time with and who care about me

I just hate having 1 friend (who lives 100 miles away) eventually she will get fed up of babysitting me

ReputationRep:
    happy bday x

ReputationRep:
    Oh hun

Loneliness is an unbearable feeling.

First of all, no one, and I mean no one is too ugly for a relationship. It's completely true when people say that there's someone out there for everyone. But if you aren't putting yourself out there, or open to people then that is a definite barrier to finding someone.

Secondly, I know it's hard, even more so if you're shy, but you can make this birthday the start of something. Get out there and meet people. Join social groups, join a sport, do something. I know it's hard, but there are many people out there similar to you, who you are missing out on meeting! My sister moved to London last year, and felt very lonely because she knew nobody, so she joined http://www.meetup.com/ and has met loads of interesting people, who she often goes out for drinks with.

It takes effort to make friends, yes it's hard, and awkward at first. But once you get passed that, it's worth it, so worth it. So best of luck to you, time to get out there and find a life for yourself!

I just hate having 1 friend (who lives 100 miles away) eventually she will get fed up of babysitting me
    Hey, Happy Birthday to you from me! :birthday::party2::party2:

I am sorry you're feeling this way but nothing is permeant and i'm sure that one day you will be surrounded with people who will love you for who you are just like you wanted. Have faith and while you are going through time remember to learn to love yourself and don't let behaviours of other people destroy happiness.

ReputationRep:
    Its my birthday today and once again i'm just sat spending the day alone.

Any normal person would hate having to go to work on their birthday but for me its the highlight of my day as its the only opportunity to get any social interaction. I've barely stopped crying since I got home.

Every single year I have a birthday it always makes me feel like **** and nobody cares about me. I have a best friend who I love to bits and I spent the weekend with her and her boyfriend but they are all I have in the world. Nobody else bothered to make the effort after uni and i've really struggled to make new friends as I live alone, i'm really shy/nervous and i'm far too ugly for a relationship.

Everyone else has loads of exciting plans or at the very least gets to spend it with their loved ones. For the umpteenth year in a row I haven't even got a card. Nobody from my family has said anything and for the 3rd year in a row my best friend is the only one whos even sent me a message.

I am sick of dreading my birthday every year and just feel so pathetic. Everyone else in their 20s is out living their life but nobody cares if I even exist
    It was my birthday too! (5th April)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY op!!!

ReputationRep:
    Its my birthday today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BO1kE677g

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday xxx :hugs: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:

Any normal person would hate having to go to work on their birthday but for me its the highlight of my day as its the only opportunity to get any social interaction. I've barely stopped crying since I got home.

Every single year I have a birthday it always makes me feel like **** and nobody cares about me. I have a best friend who I love to bits and I spent the weekend with her and her boyfriend but they are all I have in the world. Nobody else bothered to make the effort after uni and i've really struggled to make new friends as I live alone, i'm really shy/nervous and i'm far too ugly for a relationship.

Everyone else has loads of exciting plans or at the very least gets to spend it with their loved ones. For the umpteenth year in a row I haven't even got a card. Nobody from my family has said anything and for the 3rd year in a row my best friend is the only one whos even sent me a message.

I am sick of dreading my birthday every year and just feel so pathetic. Everyone else in their 20s is out living their life but nobody cares if I even exist
    pm me

youve bigger issues tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have family that you can talk too?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on this forum cares and wishes you a happy belated birthday !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPoTpvsFpvY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:63933429")
    63933429[/url]]Its my birthday today and once again i'm just sat spending the day alone.

Happy birthday anon it's my birthday tomorrow and I sort of feel the same way :party:

ReputationRep:

I care!
    Happy birthday!!

Is that you from yesterday.. again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I care! Sending you birthday wishes, as I don't want to enforce the obligation to be Happy if it doesn't suit you today. I reckon you could have an Un-birthday, on another day, when things are going well for you.

You are not pathetic. I care and I hope you have an amazing life. Happy birthday xx

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday darling

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.