Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RugbyFierce)
    Beta = earrings, skinny jeans, top knob, shy, virgin, weak, short, 'woman like'.

INCOMING ANGRY PEOPLE WITH TOP KNOBS ON THEIR HEADS.
    If you go to a hair stylist and ask for a top knob rather than a top knot I'd like to see what they do.

(Original post by RugbyFierce)
    If your head is 'round' then I'm afraid you're a defect. Or you're fat....?Not sure you understand camera angles either.

So jelly, do you even lift or are you a beat certified male ?
    are you kidding me ? http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/plagioc...roduction.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...y/art-20045964
    doesn't even necessarily need to be uneven just oddly flat.

I do understand camera angles, and that from the side your skull projects outwards (?)

the only jelly in my life is haribo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    If you go to a hair stylist and ask for a top knob rather than a top knot I'd like to see what they do.

Same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    are you kidding me ? http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/plagioc...roduction.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...y/art-20045964
    doesn't even necessarily need to be uneven just oddly flat.

I do understand camera angles, and that from the side your skull projects outwards (?)

the only jelly in my life is haribo

I think you're upset because your heads shaped like a football. The back of your head should curvetill about in line with your ear then you should be able to feel it goes in abit more and then drops to your neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wewuz Hebrews)
    It goes further than that, being civilised, polite, working hard, playing fair, getting married, having a normal job are all beta traits.

Actual Alpha traits generally lead to prison or death.

Alpha = drug use, promiscuity, violence, criminality, drug dealing, impregnating married women.
    You seem to be confusing "alpha male" with "complete waste of space". An alpha male is supposed to be the epitome of what a man should be - he doesn't need drugs to enjoy himself because he's comfortable just being himself; he rarely uses violence because he is slow to anger and has superb reasoning skills; he doesn't commit crime because he uses his skills to better himself and make money by legal means; he doesn't sleep with married women because he has morals. In fact, the person you've described there would be a beta male - unsteady lifestyle, no control, acts on impulse, ridiculously selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You seem to be confusing "alpha male" with "complete waste of space". An alpha male is supposed to be the epitome of what a man should be - he doesn't need drugs to enjoy himself because he's comfortable just being himself; he rarely uses violence because he is slow to anger and has superb reasoning skills; he doesn't commit crime because he uses his skills to better himself and make money by legal means; he doesn't sleep with married women because he has morals. In fact, the person you've described there would be a beta male - unsteady lifestyle, no control, acts on impulse, ridiculously selfish.
    That's the point, I'm not arguing that Alpha is superior to Beta, Bill Gates is extremely Beta but he has done more for humanity than most people with his technological developments and philanthropy.

In terms of child rearing it refers to the scale of some people having fewer children but spending more time with each, ensuring they go to the best schools and taking care of them in a very hands on way, or at the opposite end of the spectrum, those who make tonnes of babies but literally never meet them. It's not a social pat on the back for those who follow Judeo-Christian/enlightenment values, it's simply a description of behaviours.

EDIT: Interesting you should mention reasoning skills, I would consider them to be Beta rather than Alpha. Beta argues from a point of reason, using statistical data, expert opinions, logic to attempt to determine the truth. Alpha shouts you down, bullies and intimidates and threatens even if he is wrong in the factual sense.

Smoking is bad for because the data says so = Beta

Smoking is bad for you, because I say so = Alpha

A BS concept, in my opinion. :lol:

Believeteam22 is a good example of a beta.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Believeteam22 is a good example of a beta.
    Would someone going Anon to throw shade not be a good example of a beta? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I still hold it's a BS concept, but I'm going by your logic. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Would someone going Anon to throw shade not be a good example of a beta? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I still hold it's a BS concept, but I'm going by your logic. :lol:
    That post was by me lol

ReputationRep:
    a beta male is all people who go around claiming they're alpha but are secretly insecure of their small dicks and lack of masculinity.

(Original post by chikane)
    That post was by me lol
    It was a joke, anyway. :lol: You're awesome. :yep:

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    It was a joke, anyway. :lol: You're awesome. :yep:
    Lol thankyou hun but you were right with what you said though which is why i replied.
    This whole alpha and beta and delta is stupid though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wewuz Hebrews)
    That's the point, I'm not arguing that Alpha is superior to Beta, Bill Gates is extremely Beta but he has done more for humanity than most people with his technological developments and philanthropy.

In terms of child rearing it refers to the scale of some people having fewer children but spending more time with each, ensuring they go to the best schools and taking care of them in a very hands on way, or at the opposite end of the spectrum, those who make tonnes of babies but literally never meet them. It's not a social pat on the back for those who follow Judeo-Christian/enlightenment values, it's simply a description of behaviours.

EDIT: Interesting you should mention reasoning skills, I would consider them to be Beta rather than Alpha. Beta argues from a point of reason, using statistical data, expert opinions, logic to attempt to determine the truth. Alpha shouts you down, bullies and intimidates and threatens even if he is wrong in the factual sense.

Smoking is bad for because the data says so = Beta

Smoking is bad for you, because I say so = Alpha
    You need to re-read on these definitions, mate. You seem to view an alpha male as a bullyish thug when an alpha male is far from. An alpha male is a popular guy who you can't dislike. Popular, smooth, honest, intelligent, diplomatic, classy. Think James Bond. Only beta males act on emotion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.