Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Go with your gut feeling lol.
    I did a lot of research, I weighed different things, and drew up a shortlist. I visited Cambridge in September and walked into Christ's which wasn't actually on the shortlist but it was in the city centre near where I had lunch so I was like why not... And yeah I weirdly got attached to the chapel and ended up applying.

For now i think it's important to just "settle" to one college and start imagining yourself there to motivate yourself or whatever, and get on with work. If you do change mind nearer application time then that's alright too, but it's important not to waste time on something insignificant now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on so many other factors and you need to set a few requirements for yourself but there will honestly come a point when you just click and you'll know where to go. I was dead set on Clare for a while, but then I started doubting my abilities because it's so competitive and I didn't think I had an edge, so I decided to look at Pembroke and Downing instead. However, when I visited for the open day, I found that I felt the most comfortable in the Clare surroundings so in the end I just went for it regardless of how competitive it is.
    You really just need to visit and imagine yourself walking through the halls and the gardens to see whether you feel comfortable. Ultimately, choosing a College because of its location isn't so necessary, apart from Girton, as Cambridge is relatively small and easy to get from one side to the other. Saying that, perhaps if you know you're not a fast walker or a keen cyclist, for example, it would be worth checking out where the lecture halls and departments are for your subject and see how convenient it is

(Original post by Banana00)
    Thank you for sharing that with me as it gives me more things to consider. I have yet to visit Newnham, but I have heard many wonderful things about how breathtakingly beautiful it is! The trouble is, though, that they're all so beautiful that if you're going for aesthetics then it's so difficult to decide!

Did you get an offer, if this is not a rude question? (I'm assuming you did since you probably would have said so if you didn't).
    Not going to shamelessly plug but it's gorg :love: Everyone seems so friendly there too and it's really watering down my fears of Cambridge being filled with snobby toffs

Yeah, I did, for Natural Sciences

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.