Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is eight years too big of an age gap? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does a 10 year old with a 18 year old sound okay to you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxAminah)
    Lol what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No it's not too big of a gap. The fact that he has a dodgy background is more concerning than the age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxAminah)
    Obviously not, however two adults is quite clearly a completely different thing

ReputationRep:
    I think the main issue between 18 and 26 is that you should be in completely different stages of your lives. He should be looking into settling down, forging a career, thinking about getting on the property ladder, etc... And well, you should just be starting out.

At the end of the day though, it's perfectly legal and if it makes you both happy, who is any else to judge? Although i do agree with those who has voiced concerns about his dodgey past.

(Original post by jamesthehustler)
    my parents gap is 17 years (43 and 60) and my mother's friends gap was 28 years (42 and 70)
    42 and 70?
    Imagine being 50 and your partner being on deaths door, beyond idiotic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsGal)
    I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
    26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
    I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?
    The "history" he has with the law and relationships should be enough to make you steer clear, if you have any sense that is.

Also;

Age gap is ridiculous.
    He's 26, and should be getting his life together - whereas he's on the hunt for kiddies still in secondary school, sounds like a pathetic POS if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsGal)
    I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
    26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
    I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?
    Probably not worth risking - even for a chocolate biscuit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    42 and 70?
    they have two kids

ReputationRep:
    The age thing doesn't concern me at all, it's more what you said about his history and the fact he's a dad, that would put me off. You're too young for all that baggage! You said he's really hot, but is he nice? Does he treat you well? If all you want is a bit of fun, then go for it, but if you get attached and fall for him and he hurts you then you could end up in a right pickle. Tread carefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    42 and 70?
    Lol bit harsh! Anyway these days, 70 isn't on deaths door at all, providing you're in relatively good health!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Age gap doesn't matter... but be weary of him because he does sound a little dodgy... don't let him manipulate you in any way or get you to rush into anything. Treat him mean, keep him keen if he wants more then one thing he will stick around!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.