Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you have for dinner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I once told someone in school I had that most days for lunch and her exact words were "What the hell you liar? That's exotic food you can't have that everyday"
    lmao really? well like how some asians have rice most of the times us asians have chapatti lol she should try having it everyday won't be so exotic anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Spag bol, and then a cheeseburger from McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    PRSOM

Me to parents: 'rice is getting boring'
    Parents: 'stfu'
    Me: ;_;
    This is the exact conversation I have with my mum about potatoes.

Every meal.

Potatoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_cbc)
    lmao really? well like how some asians have rice most of the times us asians have chapatti lol she should try having it everyday won't be so exotic anymore.
    I tried explaining it to her but she thought everyone had casseroles and pasta and potatoes for dinner :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I once told someone in school I had that most days for lunch and her exact words were "What the hell you liar? That's exotic food you can't have that everyday"
    my white friend has either steak with chips or chicken with chips or curry and chips, i laugh every time x-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    PRSOM

Me to parents: 'rice is getting boring'
    Parents: 'stfu'
    Me: ;_;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    my white friend has either steak with chips or chicken with chips or curry and chips, i laugh every time x-D
    Damn your friend likes chips

ReputationRep:
    Serine Soul you reminded me of this

ReputationRep:
    i love chapati, thought they sell them at supermarkets but it was naan instead >_>
    I get all the chapatti i want at home, its actually quite easy to make them just need good atta (flour for chaptti lmao) and some water not to much or its gunna be soggy af kneed it until its smooth then roll out a circular shape (hardest bit trust me the amount of times i've cried tryna make a circle) then place it on flat pan flipping it over repeatedly then you're done yay.

ReputationRep:
    I had BBQ pasta bake with chocolate roll after

ReputationRep:
    I had ur mums punani very nicee
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I get all the chapatti i want at home, its actually quite easy to make them just need good atta (flour for chaptti lmao) and some water not to much or its gunna be soggy af kneed it until its smooth then roll out a circular shape (hardest bit trust me the amount of times i've cried tryna make a circle) then place it on flat pan flipping it over repeatedly then you're done yay.
    any flour? or chapati flour :-s

ReputationRep:
    I tried explaining it to her but she thought everyone had casseroles and pasta and potatoes for dinner :rofl:
    please dem be on those special days when your mum tries to go western for the day lmao. its either dahl, veg, or meat and if you're lucky brown rice or biryani lmao.

ReputationRep:
    home made thai curry.

ReputationRep:
    please dem be on those special days when your mum tries to go western for the day lmao. its either dahl, veg, or meat and if you're lucky brown rice or biryani lmao.
    :rofl:

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    home made thai curry.
    I'm jealous! :O I loooove Thai!

ReputationRep:
    any flour? or chapati flour :-s
    chapatti flour, normal flour won't get you that exotic taste boy. I recommend champion atta or elephant atta ( im dying whilst typing this the word atta always gets to me lmao)

ReputationRep:
    chapatti flour, normal flour won't get you that exotic taste boy. I recommend champion atta or elephant atta ( im dying whilst typing this the word atta always gets to me lmao)
    naaaaa chakki atta is the best

ReputationRep:
    naaaaa chakki atta is the best
    we have elephant atta haven't you seen them adverts makes the whole fam happy and sometimes the atta be too good it makes them cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

Every meal.

Potatoes.

Thing is, potatoes can be

chips
    boiled
    mash
    diced in pastries
    sliced
    wedges

but rice...

rice is just

nothing special, sure can be fried and you can add stuff like any carbohydrate but its basically just

what is life>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

Every meal.

Potatoes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.