Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you prefer... watch

• View Poll Results: Preferred dress code of future wife or spouse.
    Revealing clothes.
    14.81%
    Modest / unrevealing clothes.
    62.96%
    I don't care.
    22.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xygen)
    So if your wife walked around in a bikini. You wouldn't care?

Can you accept knowing that everyone is capable of seeing your wife's body weather you like it or not?
    Can you accept knowing that theres guys looking and talking about her specific body parts?
    Does a woman who dress in revealing clothes feel very "trust worthy" to you?
    I think she'd be cold but it's up to her, I don't own her

ReputationRep:
    Modest is my preference but I wouldn't stop her from wearing what she wants

ReputationRep:
    Some of you can't even grow a single hair on your chin and you're talking about how the wife you don't even have yet should dress LMAO you all have to be bluffing :rofl:

At the end of the day, before you made her your significant other you would have known if she likes well fitted or revealing clothes so if you did put a ring on it your mouth should remain shut. If you don't like it, stop making noise and find someone who is actually compatible with you.

And wow, wonders will never cease. How can the way someone dress=their personality or attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Your women's body should be sacred and for your eyes only. Wearing revealing clothing allows the world to see what they do not need to see.

Modest clothing is the most appropriate form of clothing for your future wife and mother of your children .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abolished)
    I'm guessing you mean at the beach ? In such a case I would be fine with it. It is socially acceptable to do it, and since we're not religious we don't have a God telling us not to.... I love it when guys look at my gf and think ' wow how lucky is he, how can I get a gf like that'.

I am less likely to trust a woman hiding everything away.... Like she has something to hide Normally it's because she's religious though and I just can't stand certain religious people.
    I guess I have different views. Its interesting to see how you think because my brother thinks in the exact same way as you.

I personally believe that a woman who has to dress in revealing clothes in order to attract a man loses her value. We both know that looks fade and reasons for being in a relationship with a person shouldn't be based on physical attraction.

So, a woman who is capable of attracting a man through her personality etc is likely to have a longer and stronger relationship than those who like each other on account of their physical appearance.

Finally, I believe that a woman who covers her body and only allows ONE man to see it, will earn greater value. Her body will be worth much more to her man because he's the only one that can see / touch it. A woman who doesnt cover will be granting all men vision of her beauty, therefore when she does find a man she loves her body will be useless to him, she may be seen as cheap... Which will increase chances of him looking at different girls.

Thats what I see at least. Ofc every guy thinks differently, but most act the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)
    Some of you can't even grow a single hair on your chin and you're talking about how the wife you don't even have yet should dress LMAO you all have to be bluffing :rofl:

At the end of the day, before you made her your significant other you would have known if she likes well fitted or revealing clothes so if you did put a ring on it your mouth should remain shut. If you don't like it, stop making noise and find someone who is actually compatible with you.

And wow, wonders will never cease. How can the way someone dress=their personality or attitude.
    "What would you prefer your future wife..." This thread is for guys of all ages.

The way a girl dresses has a psychological knock on effect on her actions. It also says a lot about her personality.

A woman that needs physical attraction to get a man (in my eyes) is cheap, has a limited personality etc...

A woman that relies on her personality, humour etc to attract a man, is valuable.

Thats my opinion. I can go on and on about things that are affected with the way a woman dresses but thats not my point. I'm trying to see what men PREFER in a woman. I'm not asking women to change, nor am I asking anyone to force a woman to change her clothing. Its merely a question asking for preference in women's clothing.

Relax

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend decided whether or not to marry me depending on my choice of clothes, I wouldn't deem him fit to marry just because I'd see him as a judgey *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xygen)
    I guess I have different views. Its interesting to see how you think because my brother thinks in the exact same way as you.

I personally believe that a woman who has to dress in revealing clothes in order to attract a man loses her value. We both know that looks fade and reasons for being in a relationship with a person shouldn't be based on physical attraction.

So, a woman who is capable of attracting a man through her personality etc is likely to have a longer and stronger relationship than those who like each other on account of their physical appearance.

Finally, I believe that a woman who covers her body and only allows ONE man to see it, will earn greater value. Her body will be worth much more to her man because he's the only one that can see / touch it. A woman who doesnt cover will be granting all men vision of her beauty, therefore when she does find a man she loves her body will be useless to him, she may be seen as cheap... Which will increase chances of him looking at different girls.

Thats what I see at least. Ofc every guy thinks differently, but most act the same.
    Thankfully I'm attracted to my gf in every way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.