Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i the only one who thinks some student room members are stuck up? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I think TSR is a friendly part of the internet with a remarkably tolerant and pleasant community.

Most people are timely with their responses, I've found, and I've even made irl friends from the site.

People have different standards and aspirations. I would personally be crushed by As as I'd miss the offer of my dream uni.
    I think you have a biased opinion because you're part of the tsr support team...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)

Life achievement, I'm sure(!)... :rolleyes:

You'll get there buddy :P

Also if you get As and have A-cups then you can't brag either.... (females)

ReputationRep:
    All of these have really obvious explanations...

(Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    Like i'll post on a thread and get no replies, yet people with more followers are replied to....
    Like real life. People are much more likely to talk to friends or people they know.

and girls with pictures get more answers
    Kinda to be expected, everyone's thirsty around here.

someone will start a conversation with you and for some reason just 'randomly' stop replying
    Maybe they're more interested in doing something else than 'chatting' to a complete stranger online? Maybe?

you also get way more answers when you ask people about themselves compared to when you ask for advice ot study help...
    Again, just like real life. People like to talk about themselves. Much less effort than thinking about typing out constructive advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-rated)
    That does drive me up the wall, I need for three Cs and realistically maybe an A/B in maths. I have to work my arse off to keep my grade above C level and then there's people being melodramatic about getting As instead of A*s
    But everyone has different aspirations and requirements, personally if I didn't get at least 1 A* I would be heart-broken, and slightly ashamed of myself. I know for definite 2 A*'s are possible, so if I didn't get that I would feel like I let myself down horribly.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I think you have a biased opinion because you're part of the tsr support team...
    You're welcome to that view but it's one that predates my appointment to the team which was less than a month ago - a mere fraction of my total time on the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I think TSR is a friendly part of the internet with a remarkably tolerant and pleasant community.Most people are timely with their responses, I've found, and I've even made irl friends from the site.People have different standards and aspirations. I would personally be crushed by As as I'd miss the offer of my dream uni.
    Nah I agree with everything he said there, to the word. No bias, we've just been around long enough to see the good side :cute:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Abolished)

Spoiler:
    Show
    trying so hard not to reply very rudely to this....................... so I shall resort to sarcasm instead, I hope it's obvious enough

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially like the bit where you judge the value of a woman based on the size of her breasts!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have many female friends!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    If you get A*s but haven't touched a pair of tits then you have nothing to brag about.....
    And if the boobs you've touched are A cups you also have nothing to brag about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    trying so hard not to reply very rudely to this....................... so I shall resort to sarcasm instead, I hope it's obvious enough
    Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially like the bit where you judge the value of a woman based on the size of her breasts!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have many female friends!!!!!!!

I knew you'd be triggered. I could sense it.

ReputationRep:
    Only just realised that this is b8

I feel a fool now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    And if the boobs you've touched are A cups you also have nothing to brag about.
    Yes, I was about to add that.

ReputationRep:

Uncalled for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Uncalled for

Well it's true.....

ReputationRep:
    Well it's true.....
    *not true

ReputationRep:
    true tbh im vry attractive thats why ppl rep me

ReputationRep:
    If you get A*s but haven't touched a pair of tits then you have nothing to brag about.....
    Lol I bet you have touched a lot of breasts, that's why you feel the need to upload a topless picture of yourself (If that's even you...) as your avatar.

I sense someone is in dire need for some attention.........
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, that's true. You get a very skewed subsection of society on TSR that tend to be more obnoxious (especially in an argument, even when there shouldn't be one) than usual. But, not all of the users are like that.

I think naturally gravitating towards people with more followers is quite common in any social circle, others want to feel 'important' by associating with 'important' people.

Don't give up though, because although there are some arrogant folk floating about, there's also a huge supportive community behind the scenes. Loved my almost 5 years of being on this site and I've made a bunch of friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Lol I bet you have touched a lot of breasts, that's why you feel the need to upload a topless picture of yourself (If that's even you...) as your avatar.

I think if I hadn't, I wouldn't have the nerve to upload such a picture. I don't think iv been with lots of women but a decent amount.

Although I do love attention, it feeds my massive ego.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's true.....
    :backstab:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    *not true
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)

(Original post by Anon_98)
    :backstab:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love all of you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.