The Student Room Group

Biggest regrets?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VNN
Haha...
So is exam technique actually important then?

VERY important. They care less about what you put and more about how you put it.
Original post by VNN
Aha,Thanks you very much...
I was thinking of starting revision early like a year ahead,good idea?

Definitely, don't waste any time mucking around or anything and take every mock/exam serious because that will affect your predicted grades and stay on top of your work, read ahead if you can.
Original post by Blackstarr
Definitely, don't waste any time mucking around or anything and take every mock/exam serious because that will affect your predicted grades and stay on top of your work, read ahead if you can.

How far ahead in terms of GCSE?
Original post by VNN
How far ahead in terms of GCSE?

It really depends to be honest.

Ask your teacher for instance in maths what topics you will be studying next and go revise that before your next math class-you will then have a fair understanding of that topic before the teacher explains it to you.

Also, you may end uo not covering the whole syllabus so ts good to be independent and not rely on your teachers to sppon feed you.

There are tons of resources you can use online-watch youtube videos.
Original post by Blackstarr
It really depends to be honest.

Ask your teacher for instance in maths what topics you will be studying next and go revise that before your next math class-you will then have a fair understanding of that topic before the teacher explains it to you.

Also, you may end uo not covering the whole syllabus so ts good to be independent and not rely on your teachers to sppon feed you.

There are tons of resources you can use online-watch youtube videos.

Ah,Ok thanks!
Would it be a good idea to take note while doing this 'reading ahead'.I currently do read ahead sometime but do not take notes?
Also,is this for every subject?
My biggest regrets? I started revision SO late - I only started 2 weeks before the exams, and even though I still came out with good grades, it was a very risky move and not something I recommend doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VNN
Hey,I'm a current Y10 GCSE Student,I would like to do medicine at a Top uni(Cambridge) later on.
What are your your(preferably y11/12 or the older) biggest regrets from GCSE?
So for example,is it starting exam revision to late or?
And what tip would you give to a current GCSE student and any pitfalls to avoid?
Thanks.

social media
get it out your life when its exam period..
Taking Computing GCSE loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VNN
Ah,Ok thanks!
Would it be a good idea to take note while doing this 'reading ahead'.I currently do read ahead sometime but do not take notes?
Also,is this for every subject?

Yeah, if you do English lit, history, geography or any essay based subjects it would be a good idea to make flash cards, and for biology too because when it comes to mock week or anything like that, you well be well prepared whilst everyone else will be stressed.

Also go booster classer and memorise vocab for languages if you do any.

Don't stress to much, keep calm and carry on:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest