Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

David Cameron admits to profiting from offshore fund !!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Even if he resigned, I somehow doubt that he'll be replaced by anyone better...

...although I will admit, I will have a lot of schadenfreude if he faces disgrace because of this.
    This.

Lefties are going to look back on Cameron as a golden period for Britain. Boris is going to skull**** this country.

ReputationRep:
    He's not going to resign nor is anyone in this country going to do anything, all we do in Britain is sit and complain and moan whereas other countries (e.g. Iceland) actually go out and protest about such issues.

And, as much as I dislike Cameron, I don't think there is anyone else in the Conservative party who I'd like to see as a leader of the country.
    --
    And yes the story merely says he profited from them and that he did pay all tax; though obviously I don't think his investment in an offshore account sets a perfect example at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    Not doing anything illegal doesn't mean not doing anything wrong. This will ruin his reputation.
    The only questionable part here was his inheritance money, which even he doesn't know whether the money had avoided tax and cannot find out.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    And yes the story merely says he profited from them and that he did pay all tax; though obviously I don't think his investment in an offshore account sets a perfect example at all...
    This is only the start. You don't think after his coming out that he isn't going to get more questions hurled at him? The labour party are already doing it...

ReputationRep:
    He's not going to resign nor is anyone in this country going to do anything, all we do in Britain is sit and complain and moan whereas other countries (e.g. Iceland) actually go out and protest about such issues.

And, as much as I dislike Cameron, I don't think there is anyone else in the Conservative party who I'd like to see as a leader of the country.
    --
    What about this legend, you know you want him

ReputationRep:
    He paid taxes on the dividends of the shares he owned and then sold (worth £30000). I'm not sure what the big deal is. People are kicking up a fuss when there's no real drama to be had over his conduct here.

What his dad did is another issue but we can't expect David to be held personally responsible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    Its just been revealed Dave made a nice sum from his Panama account whilst avoiding paying UK tax. Will he be ousted ?
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    This is only the start. You don't think after his coming out that he isn't going to get more questions hurled at him? The labour party are already doing it...
    That might be true, but only time will tell

(Original post by Youngmetro)
    What about this legend, you know you want him

Awh yeah I think everyone has a small soft spot for Boris inside them somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is why it was a "private matter".

We need rid of these idiots.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Awh yeah I think everyone has a small soft spot for Boris inside them somewhere.
    Trust me, there isn't even the tiniest soft spot inside me for that awful man.

ReputationRep:
    He's a pig-****ing hypocrite. He publicly called out Jimmy Carr even though he was using a legal loophole.

Congrats to his dad though for being the first person to set up a Panamanian company that didn't have the intention of avoiding tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Either he will resign or the govt will force him out. Then we call for an early General Election?
    An early EU exit too?

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, there isn't even the tiniest soft spot inside me for that awful man.
    Not even a soft sense of pity for any of his stupidity?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not even a soft sense of pity for any of his stupidity?
    Except it's not really stupidity is it, it's a very clever act to make people like him and ignore what he actually does... and it's worked brilliantly.

ReputationRep:
    Except it's not really stupidity is it, it's a very clever act to make people like him and ignore what he actually does... and it's worked brilliantly.
    I'm gonna be 100% honest all I really know him for is his stupidity.

There's nothing else about him that particular stands out to me, unlike May, Osborne and Cameron.

ReputationRep:
    His shares were worth £30000. It's hardly a fortune nor really comparable to what the party is standing for.

To be honest, whether he actually stands for these things is irrelevant to me. All that should matter is whether he is able to stop it and whether he does. If he can do that, he is a successful advocate of the people and should stay in power.

Why everybody is whining over dividends he paid tax on is beyond me. Jumping the gun to demonise tories is my bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Link?
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016...-panama-papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Either he will resign or the govt will force him out. Then we call for an early General Election?
    Wouldn't they have to repeal the Fixed-term Parliament Act first? Even if he does resign in the end, wouldn't they just hold a new Conservative leadership vote and keep the Cabinet intact?

I've always enjoyed making fun of the the Conservative leadership but the only person I hated outright was Michael Gove for his disastrous reforms of the education system which is part of the reason why I am stressing so much today. I should look more into the offshore funds; British politics is really not my main matter of interest.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    An early EU exit too?
    Well if he wasn't involved in this tax heavens scandal then he probably would resign anyways over the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    He only owned shares and when sold and when he profited from the shares, he paid all tax.

The sensationalism on this thread is worse than that on the Daily Mail. He's not going to resign or anything.
    Then why did he keep coming out with so many porkies? How do we know he's not still feeding us yet more porkies?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.