The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnight1811
Does anyone have like a check-list they can share for the higher paper?

Hopefully this will help :smile:
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/edexcel-gcse-maths-topics-lists-revision-6403447
http://onmaths.com/mock_exams/edexcel-2016-paper-2-prediction-a/

Online interactive Practice papers that calculate your grade for you =)
Original post by NiamhM1801
Has anyone done those worst answered question compilation papers that edexcel made? I've done one of them and I'm going to do another because they were pretty manageable (got 63/71) but j made a few really stupid mistakes. They're good prep for difficult questions that might come up in ours as they make you think a bit more.

can you give me the link lol
Original post by gcsewantingA8
can you give me the link lol

If you scroll to the bottom off this page they're there:
http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/gcsepapers.htm
Reply 24
Non calc in 2 weeks now!
Does anyone have access to the PiXL 2016 predicted paper? If so could you pm me :smile: any other predicted papers or A/A* questions would be of great help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Does anyone have access to the PiXL 2016 predicted paper? If so could you pm me :smile: any other predicted papers or A/A* questions would be of great help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please pm me too. I have been looking for the PiXL 2016 predicted paper for a few weeks now.
I'm resitting this this year.

If I fail again I'm gonna cry.
Reply 28
Hey does anyone have a checklist for non calculator higher teir? What's the difference between non and calculator? I'm teaching myself so I'm not sure whether what I'm learning is necessary for the 26th exam..
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm resitting this this year.

If I fail again I'm gonna cry.

What grades you been getting in your mocks (if youve done them) ?
Reply 30
Original post by Maphec
Hey does anyone have a checklist for non calculator higher teir? What's the difference between non and calculator? I'm teaching myself so I'm not sure whether what I'm learning is necessary for the 26th exam..

The most popular Non-Calculator topics are:

Surface Area and Volume
Probability (Trees)
Transformations
Cumulative Frequency and Box Plots
Percentages
Vectors
Factors and Multiples
Indices and Standard Form
Expanding and Factorising
Forming and Solving Equations
Anyone founding Foundation who wants to revise with me? :biggrin:
that moment when im supposed to be focusing on my assignment but im focusing on what stuff on here i should use to revise XD im doing a Higher tier and all i've got is a private tutor and a mathswatch CD that i barrowed from a family friend. i cant print out any maths papers at home so i cant do those but i've been anwsering all the questions i got wrong from my old pratice paper from 3 years ago (that's another thing i havent done maths since 3 years ago when i was in school).

the only main revision is that i've been doing is working in my text books and watching mathswatch... i only found out now that i should just work on past papers instead of my text book (even though my tutor has been telling me that) @_@ im a C grade student trying to at least get a B grade
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kasumikat
that moment when im supposed to be focusing on my assignment but im focusing on what stuff on here i should use to revise XD im doing a Higher tier and all i've got is a private tutor and a mathswatch CD that i barrowed from a family friend. i cant print out any maths papers at home so i cant do those but i've been anwsering all the questions i got wrong from my old pratice paper from 3 years ago (that's another thing i havent done maths since 3 years ago when i was in school).

the only main revision is that i've been doing is working in my text books and watching mathswatch... i only found out now that i should just work on past papers instead of my text book (even though my tutor has been telling me that) @_@ im a C grade student trying to at least get a B grade

Do as many past papers as you can under timed conditions eventually you will notice ur exam skill is spot on all the time,I began this year getting c's and D's and now my last 10 mock exams have all been either A or A* practice makes perfect gd luck.
Original post by Waveyalex
Do as many past papers as you can under timed conditions eventually you will notice ur exam skill is spot on all the time,I began this year getting c's and D's and now my last 10 mock exams have all been either A or A* practice makes perfect gd luck.

You need to be learning the material too though! I personally find that certain topics just won't get in my head (D/C borderline :frown:).
Original post by greenmang0
You need to be learning the material too though! I personally find that certain topics just won't get in my head (D/C borderline :frown:).

wat specific topics maybe I can help u a bit ?
wat specific topics maybe I can help u a bit ?

Looking at Mathsgenie's topics: the harder angle questions on Foundation (generally the C stuff I think), bearings, grade C equations, factorising.
Looking at Mathsgenie's topics: the harder angle questions on Foundation (generally the C stuff I think), bearings, grade C equations, factorising.

I also need to practice the loci stuff but it isn't hard, just something to remember
I also need to practice the loci stuff but it isn't hard, just something to remember

Loci for the most part is using the scale factor and accurately measuring lengths, the hardest part is using the compass to draw lines because u need to be very precise

Do you think I'd be able to revise enough practice papers for the next 1 week and 4 days before the mom calculator exam? >.< I'm seriously getting a bit worried about not getting the grade as this is for my first choice university and I haven't been taking enough past paper.

Quick Reply