Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only have 16 exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    its a month before exams so people should really just be doing past papers at this point and finished learning all the content

You make me so nervous! I'm so not ready!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MattB_)
    It's going well although I tend to get distracted. During this break I've just been rewriting my notes and learning the core material for humanity subjects. The sciences I've just been doing past paper questions, likewise with Maths. English I've been re analysing the poems and non-fiction prose pieces, as well as going over texts and just writing down quotes that I may find useful then going back to them categorising them and analysing them. Haven't really done anything for languages other than going over past papers and writing down the vocabulary I didn't understand or know then learn them and read books in french / italian. How about you?
    Wow your doing well. Well, mine's going well and same i do get distracted as well. For science, i would review the topic then attempt a past papers and looking at weaknesses . For English Literature, i've been reviewing my notes and learning some quotes as well as watching videos For Geography , again past papers and reviewing notes and weaknesses. French, i haven't revised much but i've re-written my C.A. For psychology there is a lot of memorising so i tend to do flashcards and repeating things over and over again. I just feel like past papers are what you have to be focusing on now rather writing notes so i tend to focus more on reviewing everything and attempting past papers and looking at my weaknesses. How much do you revise a day?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    I only have 16 exams
    luckyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha yep what subjects do you do and what exam boards?
    English Lit + Lang, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Music are all AQA.

Maths, ICT and RE are Edexcel.

Computing is OCR.

ReputationRep:
    Wow your doing well. Well, mine's going well and same i do get distracted as well. For science, i would review the topic then attempt a past papers and looking at weaknesses . For English Literature, i've been reviewing my notes and learning some quotes as well as watching videos For Geography , again past papers and reviewing notes and weaknesses. French, i haven't revised much but i've re-written my C.A. For psychology there is a lot of memorising so i tend to do flashcards and repeating things over and over again. I just feel like past papers are what you have to be focusing on now rather writing notes so i tend to focus more on reviewing everything and attempting past papers and looking at my weaknesses. How much do you revise a day?
    Depending on the day, at most I'm doing six hours per day with six one-hour slots, whereas on some days the least I do is three or four hours per day. For past papers I'm going to start doing them for all my subjects at the very least of two weeks before the exam and for other subjects earlier than that. My school had someone come in to talk to us and no later than two weeks before an exam should you start doing past papers. He also said that for lengthy essay type exams you should find someone who is doing well and look what they have done and compare it to yours - so you can improve on what you need to do to get the highest marks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MattB_)
    Depending on the day, at most I'm doing six hours per day with six one-hour slots, whereas on some days the least I do is three or four hours per day. For past papers I'm going to start doing them for all my subjects at the very least of two weeks before the exam and for other subjects earlier than that. My school had someone come in to talk to us and no later than two weeks before an exam should you start doing past papers. He also said that for lengthy essay type exams you should find someone who is doing well and look what they have done and compare it to yours - so you can improve on what you need to do to get the highest marks
    Same i do 6-8 hours a day but sometimes 3-4 hours which is annoying cause i procrastinate Oh wow cool good luck

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am.
    is it bad i just started revising and makin notes, well i was doing some before but now good notes

ReputationRep:
    And how does one focus and revsie, i find it so hard, i predicted a* s but rn i really doubt i gonna get them, motivation anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaam1234)
    And how does one focus and revsie, i find it so hard, i predicted a* s but rn i really doubt i gonna get them, motivation anyone
    I'm in your boat!

ReputationRep:
    Might sound far-fetched, but you could try revising with another person. Personally, I found that this works well, because I get distracted by my own thoughts when revising. If you can't concentrate if you revise alone, try that.

If it's a case of motivation, then uh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    Might sound far-fetched, but you could try revising with another person. Personally, I found that this works well, because I get distracted by my own thoughts when revising. If you can't concentrate if you revise alone, try that.

If it's a case of motivation, then uh...
    oh thanks dude, i ll try ps r u a gcse french wizard or know anyone that can check my Controlled Assesment???

ReputationRep:
    Nope, definitely not for the sciences or history.
    I am for drama (because it's hard not to be) and also am for Spanish (pretty much).
    I just need to step up my revision game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    is it bad i just started revising and makin notes, well i was doing some before but now good notes
    It's not bad As long as your refreshing your memory and review it as well as revising it at the same time then great don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Not me, but I don't think I would ever feel ready for an exam no matter how much revision I have done! But to be honest I haven't really started much revision yet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Not me, but I don't think I would ever feel ready for an exam no matter how much revision I have done! But to be honest I haven't really started much revision yet.
    Haha Same like i said at the start, when's your first exam?

ReputationRep:
    this should make me want to revise but sadly it hasn't...

not that much anyway

ReputationRep:
    Haha Same like i said at the start, when's your first exam?
    My first written exam is on the 17th May but I have speaking exams before that and I do two modern languages

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am.
    Not ready at all....
    Learning the content now and writing notes now. But should be fine although imo additional science, maths and English will be the hardest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurematters)
    I'm in your boat!
    Me too!! I really don't know what to do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.