Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AMA - Moderate Muslim, Bi-curious, Asian female doctor Watch

(Original post by Pyropink)
    Probably GP.

Hospital life is too stressful, plus all the shift work.
    Ah, I see.

And at what stage of your medical training are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Ah, I see.

And at what stage of your medical training are you?
    F1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    I wanted to work for the NHS at one point - but not a doctor, something like a nurse or pharmacist.... due to not getting the grades, i opted for teaching lol. looking back it at now i'm very glad my plans didn't work out haha, yes i know - it's a tough job - but so rewarding

btw, could you tell me why there's so many waiting lists regarding operations and stuff? my mum has been waiting for months!
    It is rewarding on some days yes, but most of the times its just menial work that has to be done. At my level anyway

A lot of patients, not enough surgeons/resources etc. Its the NHS, its free but the downside is the waiting time

F1
    How're you finding it? And which medical school did you train at (if you don't mind disclosing that)? :3

ReputationRep:
    It is rewarding on some days yes, but most of the times its just menial work that has to be done. At my level anyway

A lot of patients, not enough surgeons/resources etc. Its the NHS, its free but the downside is the waiting time
    true - i hope as you progress on further you will like it. and true, that's what i thought.. hmm oh well

ReputationRep:
    How're you finding it? And which medical school did you train at (if you don't mind disclosing that)? :3
    It varies with what rotation I'm on. Medicine - you want to die. Psych - chlling

Overall, it is tough. A lot tougher than I ever expected

I dont want to disclose what uni I went to, sorry. Want to be as anon as possible. Are you a med student?

It varies with what rotation I'm on. Medicine - you want to die. Psych - chlling

Overall, it is tough. A lot tougher than I ever expected

I dont want to disclose what uni I went to, sorry. Want to be as anon as possible. Are you a med student?
    No, an applicant. Thanks for answering my questions.

ReputationRep:
    No, an applicant. Thanks for answering my questions.
    No problem, ask away. Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    F1
    Do you support the junior doctor strikes?
    Do they work you to your bone in f1?
    If you could go back to uni would you choose a different course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Do you support the junior doctor strikes?
    Do they work you to your bone in f1?
    If you could go back to uni would you choose a different course?
    I do support the strikes. I don't know how Hunt wants us to work longer hours, without increasing pay. Heck, even if pay did increase, it still wouldn't be safe for the patients. They're slowly destroying the NHS, and its sickening.

They do work you hard, It is tough. Especially on medicine rotations.

Ermmm.... Yes, I think I would, it is a very good degree to have for which I'm grateful.

ReputationRep:
    I do support the strikes. I don't know how Hunt wants us to work longer hours, without increasing pay. Heck, even if pay did increase, it still wouldn't be safe for the patients. They're slowly destroying the NHS, and its sickening.

They do work you hard, It is tough. Especially on medicine rotations.

Ermmm.... Yes, I think I would, it is a very good degree to have for which I'm grateful.
    One final questions
    Is there really a severe shortage in doctors in the nhs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    One final questions
    Is there really a severe shortage in doctors in the nhs?
    In some specialties like A & E, yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.