ReputationRep:
    What's the essay on specifically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    How do you do that? :holmes:

Go into Tools> options>save

you will see it there

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That almost happened to me at 6am this morning, I honestly felt disgusting (that is the only word I can use to explain the feeling) thankfully it was okay in the end

But I'm honestly so SO so sorry for your loss.
    I'm so happy that this almost happens to people, but it never does...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol..it's ok...
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just elaborately bs... Isn't that what most humanities subjects are all about anyway? :lol:
    Unfortunately no, as I need to analyse sources, it's a source investigation....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I have set Word to Autosave every 5 minutes so the most I can lose is what I typed in the last 5 minutes
    I write too much in five mins. Mine does it every thirty seconds.

Lol, when I was doing my maths coursework last year, two days before the deadline my laptop blew up and encrypted the entire file into a series of hashtags, numbers and question marks. Had to do six months worth of work in an evening and a day :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol..it's ok...
    I was honestly about to jump out of my bedroom window, it was pages and pages of blood, sweat and tears.

Spoiler:
    Show
    lol..it's ok...

Unfortunately no, as I need to analyse sources, it's a source investigation....
    Did you keep a plan or anything elsewhere that you can just write up again from?

Go into Tools> options>save

you will see it there
    Where is tools?

(Original post by Mr Hyde(r))
    What's the essay on specifically?
    It's a source investigation entitled "How effective was British Propaganda during the first world war" I have to analyse sources and cross reference...
    I don't even know what cross referencing is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)

Lol, when I was doing my maths coursework last year, two days before the deadline my laptop blew up and encrypted the entire file into a series of hashtags, numbers and question marks. Had to do six months worth of work in an evening and a day :moon:
    Honestly I would have just dug a hole in the ground and buried my head in it for the rest of my life.

But well done to you

Ok...maybe I shouldn't be that ungrateful
    Spoiler:
    Show
    wtf is math's coursework...?
    I was honestly about to jump out of my bedroom window, it was pages and pages of blood, sweat and tears.
    Eh...ok, I'm relieved for you...

Did you keep a plan or anything elsewhere that you can just write up again from?
    No...because I am a) A badass and b) A fool

ReputationRep:
    I think cross referencing is comparing two of the sources together, like how they agree and disagree with each other. Do you only have to use the sources?

ReputationRep:
    Where is tools?

I have an old office.
    Look at one menus right at the very top inc the file menu

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I would have just dug a hole in the ground and buried my head in it for the rest of my life.

But well done to you
    Haha thanks. I did sob for a bit, but realised that wouldn't get me anywhere. Literally slept for like four hours -_- scraped a 5.

Ok...maybe I shouldn't be that ungrateful
    Spoiler:
    Show
    wtf is math's coursework...?

Eh...ok, I'm relieved for you...

Stupid IB requirement :moon: to this day I have no idea what the aim of it was. I just wrote crap and made up random equations with no goal :lol:

I have an old office.
    Look at one menus right at the very top inc the file menu
    Did it...I set it to one minute, it was on three hours for some reason

(Original post by Mr Hyde(r))
    I think cross referencing is comparing two of the sources together, like how they agree and disagree with each other. Do you only have to use the sources?
    Well, it;s a collection of sources, but the questions ask about comparing two or more sources...

Okay, if you can't recover your work on the computer, I'd start off with recalling everything you wrote, in a rough bullet point list and then planning, in a fair amount of detail, for the rest of the essay.

That way, writing up the whole thing will seem a lot less draining - you'll know what you're writing

ReputationRep:
    homeland.lsw use google docs. Even if your computer crashes, nothing will be lost.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I dunno, post it on the International Tongue Twisters thread?

no...my eyes hurt though...and I'm worried my laptop will crash at any minute...It literally crashes like 8 times a day for the past month

As much as I love you and your posts, it will be pretty hard for the senior leaders to mark up work I don't have
    Aw I do understand. I lost a piece of my work and had to change everything and rewrite it. Maybe it's time for a new computer. What kind is it?

ReputationRep:
    Did it...I set it to one minute, it was on three hours for some reason

1 minute might be too short. because the computer freezes for a second or two when it saves.
    This can be annoying if it happens every minute

ReputationRep:
    Oh goodness, I've got the absolute best-est idea. :crazy:

Maybe we should curl up + cry virtually together? :nutcase: <3

I'll tag, quote + rep you (or shout "PRSOM") every time I produce a tear. :woo:

+ you can have the fun job of collecting them in your virtual tear-holding jar(s). :woohoo:

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssss. :dance:

homeland.lsw use google docs. Even if your computer crashes, nothing will be lost.
    Nah...it's fine, I'll use Word (I set autosave to every minute) The day I buy my new laptop the better, this one is like 6 years old no lie...

Okay, if you can't recover your work on the computer, I'd start off with recalling everything you wrote, in a rough bullet point list and then planning, in a fair amount of detail, for the rest of the essay.

That way, writing up the whole thing will seem a lot less draining - you'll know what you're writing
    I'll try but I'm just really tired now...

Haha thanks. I did sob for a bit, but realised that wouldn't get me anywhere. Literally slept for like four hours -_- scraped a 5.

Stupid IB requirement :moon: to this day I have no idea what the aim of it was. I just wrote crap and made up random equations with no goal :lol:
    IB? So...you lived in Europe or your school was just trying to be cool?

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGGG :zomg:
    :mad2::mad2::mad2:nothing worse can happen than that :mad2::mad2::mad2:
    so sad for you :sad: :sad: :sad:
    hope it auto saved some of it at least :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.