The Student Room Group

Pre Joining Fitness Test

Scroll to see replies

What they all said. Run outside and vary it up. She needs to work on her endurance, so variation will be her friend plus some hiit or intervals which will push her for short bursts to improve her cardio. If she isnt pushing herself she will stop improving.
Original post by 0902
Subwayking,

I appreciate your comment reference telling people the harsh reality of the Military compared to Civi street; however the way you come across to someone seeking

You're also right in the fact I am a civilian, however as are you - having seen your previous posts about applying to the RAF.

Having had two members of my family both serve in the Royal Marines, I've got a pretty good understanding of what the fitness requirements and demands are in the British forces..

Anyway; I don't wish to cause feuds on TSR, and also the fact this forum is here to attract and recruit future members of our Armed Forces.

Joanne1995 - sorry for the slight sidetrack.

I served in the british army for 8 years, so erm, yeah, maybe....
Original post by subwayking
I served in the british army for 8 years, so erm, yeah, maybe....

I'm also sorry for swearing and showing aggressive behavior, respect to your family for serving in the Marines.
Reply 23
Subwayking - i have only just read your messages against that awful person who was very disrespectful against the military and also my daughter. after that, i didnt write any comments on here or read any. I cannot understand why someone would take to writing negative and very horrible comments on here when all people are after is advise.
My daughter has now passed her AST and has her interview next Wednesday - so not out of the woods just yet. We have now gone to doing outdoor running which has proven good results. She is still obviously nervous about the fitness test but we have told her to concentrate on each level and not worry about the others. She has to get through 2 more stages before the fitness.
But to sum up, since I wrote on here back in April she has come along well. Just hoping she is able to get through the next few. Will keep you posted.
Original post by Joanne1995
Subwayking - i have only just read your messages against that awful person who was very disrespectful against the military and also my daughter. after that, i didnt write any comments on here or read any. I cannot understand why someone would take to writing negative and very horrible comments on here when all people are after is advise.
My daughter has now passed her AST and has her interview next Wednesday - so not out of the woods just yet. We have now gone to doing outdoor running which has proven good results. She is still obviously nervous about the fitness test but we have told her to concentrate on each level and not worry about the others. She has to get through 2 more stages before the fitness.
But to sum up, since I wrote on here back in April she has come along well. Just hoping she is able to get through the next few. Will keep you posted.

If you're not doing it already, I'd recommend doing some practice Multi Stage Fitness Tests (20 metre bleep test) before PRTC (or whatever they call it these days).
From what I remember, females need to get to at least 7.02 on the bleep test (about 7 mins of running), have to do 10 press ups in a minute & then do 32 sit ups in a minute to pass.
If she's relatively fit then those shouldn't be a problem physically. I think the majority of people who struggle with the bleep test struggle mentally more than physically. Therefore having some of training sessions involving bleep test will increase her confidence levels.

Quick Reply

Latest