The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RueXO
well Cambridge is above Oxford in the league tables in general, and for specific subjects
But Oxford is beaut too 👌🏽 both unis are a dream to get into.
But well, apparently according to OP... Manchester > Cambridge

It goes like this, actually: Manchester > Oxford > London Met > Cambridge.

Spoiler

Original post by LibertyMan
Who gives a crap about boring student life and fun location, its the education and career prospects that matter mate.
student life in Cambridge is actually amaZing, I know someone who goes there, and on open days the undergrads are so down to earth and 'normal'. 😍 But I guess it depends on what OP finds a good student life. Obviously everyone at Cambridge is very clever, and highly dedicated to study whereas universities like OB/ Sheffield Hallam... Well 😅😂
Reply 22
Original post by Serine Soul

Bet you regret not seeing this thread sooner, if you had, you'd have firmed Manchester instead of that dump Cambridge. :tongue:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Manchester more respected than Cambridge? What are you smoking?

And I'm sure a lot of people see the old architecture and general culture as very interesting.

Plus, it's one of the top 10 universities in the world.

😂😂😂
Original post by Zacken
It goes like this, actually: Manchester > Oxford > London Met > Cambridge.

Lmao😂 Smh
Manchester > everything 🙃
Original post by Zacken
Thanks for your highly educated opinion, intelligent con. I'll promptly decline my Cambridge offer for mathematics, Manchester it is. :h:

Edit: couldn't have done it without you, thank you ever so much.

Don't you sill have to clear STEP? Isn't that like a much more difficult hurdle to clear than just getting a few As and A*s...
Reply 26
Original post by Awesome Genius
Don't you sill have to clear STEP? Isn't that like a much more difficult hurdle to clear than just getting a few As and A*s...

Yeah, and...?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Cambridge is in the Russell group? Pfft, like their research is any good

Apparently their alumni discovered the structure of DNA, gravity, hydrogen, evolution, insulin structure...

Such tossers
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, and...?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Also your profile

You list your academic performance very proudly in the about me section but then proclaim "Who cares?" directly underneath in "Academics". Unless this has been done for ironic laughs, you should probably change it.

Also you haven't stated which college. Is it not a good one?
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, and...?

Don't you think your behaviour in this thread is a bit arrogant.
Reply 30
Original post by LibertyMan
Don't you think your behaviour in this thread is a bit arrogant.

Not particularly.

I didn't say I was getting in, did I? That'd be contrary to what I think.

Also your profile

You list your academic performance very proudly in the about me section but then proclaim "Who cares?" directly underneath in "Academics". Unless this has been done for ironic laughs, you should probably change it.

I don't particularly care about it.

King's.

Also your profile

daaaaammmnn
Reply 32
Apparently their alumni discovered the structure of DNA, gravity, hydrogen, evolution, insulin structure...

Such tossers

It seems too absurd to think that it could be not obvious to anyone, but I would like to check that people got my sarcasm there..
Original post by EricPiphany
daaaaammmnn

You said I was savage
Original post by Zacken
Not particularly.

I didn't say I was getting in, did I? That'd be contrary to what I think.

I don't particularly care about it.

King's.

Well your profile directly contradicts itself lol. You should just decide ... Yes I want to show off I'm going to Cambridge / No I want people to see how smart I just by what I say. I'd go for the latter. Although when I got in I went for the former. And Kings is a nice college ,you should add it to the info.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
It seems too absurd to think that it could be not obvious to anyone, but I would like to check that people got my sarcasm there..

I was trying to carry on that sarcasm too :colondollar:
Reply 36
Well your profile directly contradicts itself lol. You should just decide ... Yes I want to show off I'm going to Cambridge / No I want people to see how smart I just by what I say. I'd go for the latter. Although when I got in I went for the former. And Kings is a nice college ,you should add it to the info.

Thanks for the advice. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Not particularly.

think you're missing the point , essentially what we're getting at here is maybe at cambridge you're not going to get a load of mandy inside of you, snort some crushed up pain pills, have a big night out and come back and smash the ket, and when it comes down to it - isn't that the REAL student experience?
Reply 38
Original post by Tabstercat
think you're missing the point , essentially what we're getting at here is maybe at cambridge you're not going to get a load of mandy inside of you, snort some crushed up pain pills, have a big night out and come back and smash the ket, and when it comes down to it

Thank **** for that.

isn't that the REAL student experience?

No, it's the \Im student experience.
Reply 39
I was trying to carry on that sarcasm too :colondollar:

Yeah I thought so lol
But I'm always wary of these things..
In fairness though Cambridge has had a big head-start being so old and all. I'm sure Wolverhampton and the like will catch up

Latest

Trending

Trending