Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you feel about people who look like this? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    I hate fringes.
    Bloody fringe movements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noticemesenpai)
    Venus angelic looks doll like naturally but enhances it with makeup and circle lenses. I'm not sure about the others. I only follow venus, she's tonned it down a little. But it is scary.
    Apparently her mum got rid of her youtube channel just recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Yeah I think one of them is a model in Japan or something.

I feel it exploits Asian insecurities to look more Western, they are white girls who look like Asian girls trying to look like white girls.
    Yeah, it's messed up, but I don't see east Asia's obsession with caucasian aesthetics ending anytime soon.
    The most disturbing aspect is how young they appear.This kind of look is popular in Japan - a nation that only recently made it illegal to have child abuse images (although depictions are still allowed in anime and computer games).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuibblerWaffle)
    Apparently her mum got rid of her youtube channel just recently
    Venus got married to a Japanese guy, her mother did not approve. The story gets crazier.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty unsettling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel it's borderline racist.
    lol how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noticemesenpai)
    Venus got married to a Japanese guy, her mother did not approve. The story gets crazier.
    Oh my, I haven't really been bothered to go into all the details but feel free to fill me in on the gossip...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    lol how?
    It plays on stereotypes, I've seen them make tutorials such as "How to look half-Japanese".

If someone did a how to look black make up tutorial and put on black face, I'm sure people would find this offensive.

ReputationRep:
    It plays on stereotypes, I've seen them make tutorials such as "How to look half-Japanese".

If someone did a how to look black make up tutorial and put on black face, I'm sure people would find this offensive.
    Oh okay. I get it now you have clarified it. I thought they were just trying to imitate anime cartoons, and if that was the case it would not be racist.

Lol, there's an option on my camera to make your eyes go all big exactly like that! :lol: NOT a good look. Like a mix of a little girl and an insect.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.