The Student Room Group

Goodbye, Dad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY HEART MY HEART !
Please don't tell me it's true :cry2: :cry2:

And it's an amazing read I could feel the emotion omg omg Z you are an excellent writter :eek3: :ahee: :ahee: :jumphug:

it's not true haha atleast not for me :tongue:
it was an entry for that story competition :tongue: why don't you do one?
awhhhhhhhhhh thank you omg maybe i should believe you guys :lol:
Original post by Kallisto
Great! you have written the sad situation very well, as if I witnessed as a reader. That was a good short story, compliment to you. What was your inspiration to write about a dying dad?

Thanks! Ummm i don't know it was like 4 am and I was thinking of what would be a nice short story to write and that came to mind :dontknow: :smile:
Original post by z33
it's not true haha atleast not for me :tongue:
it was an entry for that story competition :tongue: why don't you do one?
awhhhhhhhhhh thank you omg maybe i should believe you guys :lol:

Pheeeew thanks god you didn't had to go through such a thing :jumphug:

Aw why not ! If I find an idea :ahee:

You definitely should :cool: :jive: :jive:
Original post by z33
(...)
Thanks! Ummm i don't know it was like 4 am and I was thinking of what would be a nice short story to write and that came to mind :dontknow: :smile:

By all means this short story was good. Are you planning another ones? would read yours again.
Reply 23
By all means this short story was good. Are you planning another ones? would read yours again.

Really?! you would? :awesome: omg! i might do some after examtime :biggrin: thank you! :smile:
Original post by z33
Really?! you would? :awesome: omg! i might do some after examtime :biggrin: thank you! :smile:

As I said, I really would. As I have written short stories almost a year ago, I know how difficult it might be sometimes, especially when waiting for ideas.
Very touching subject but in all honestly, I don't think it's very well written :s-smilie:
OMG z a part of me died reading this :frown: <3
Like idk why i got affected over it because well i don't get affected over stuff like that idk if it is because it is you and you have a special place in my heart but omg @z33 that was fantastic and beautiful and should win imho <3
Reply 27
@Gingerbread101 tfw a mod edits your OP to plug their competition :lol:

Original post by CoolCavy
OMG z a part of me died reading this :frown: <3
Like idk why i got affected over it because well i don't get affected over stuff like that idk if it is because it is you and you have a special place in my heart but omg @z33 that was fantastic and beautiful and should win imho <3

Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cavy <3 :cry2: thank you! that's so cute ifjosjgoijf i can't deal :biggrin:

Original post by TheFarmerLad
Very touching subject but in all honestly, I don't think it's very well written :s-smilie:

Yeah tbh I don't think so either, it was rushed and there was a 500 word limit so didn't have much to work with :dontknow: idk why everyone's saying it's well written but it's prob to make me feel better or they relate :tongue: (and they'll get mad at me for pointing it out :lol:)

As I said, I really would. As I have written short stories almost a year ago, I know how difficult it might be sometimes, especially when waiting for ideas.

Yeah thank you I'll write some but maybe with a 1000 word limit :tongue: :yes:
Reply 28
z33 stop making me cry ur not alloed to do this
Original post by z33
Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cavy <3 :cry2: thank you! that's so cute ifjosjgoijf i can't deal :biggrin:

Yeah tbh I don't think so either, it was rushed and there was a 500 word limit so didn't have much to work with :dontknow: idk why everyone's saying it's well written but it's prob to make me feel better or they relate :tongue: (and they'll get mad at me for pointing it out :lol:)

I don't say stuff like this just to make you feel better. It was just very emotive (sure, you didn't have all your techniques in there [where was DAFOREST? :tongue:] but it was a great read):yep:

Ooooh and z, if you do post something else, tag me in pretty please! *begs on knees* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33

Just thought it'd be more beneficial to you if I offered some constructive criticism! Tbf you could probs get away with it at GCSE but probs not at A Level! Try adding some 'fancier' words perhaps :wink:
Original post by z33
(...)

Why are you planning a limit? it is okay, if it is over 1000 words. There are some of mine which really are over it.
Reply 32
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Just thought it'd be more beneficial to you if I offered some constructive criticism! Tbf you could probs get away with it at GCSE but probs not at A Level! Try adding some 'fancier' words perhaps :wink:

I know ahaha i don't do English at A level this was just for a competition on here :tongue: - link in OP if you wanna enter :biggrin:

Original post by Matrix123
I don't say stuff like this just to make you feel better. It was just very emotive (sure, you didn't have all your techniques in there [where was DAFOREST? :tongue:] but it was a great read):yep:

Ooooh and z, if you do post something else, tag me in pretty please! *begs on knees* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahaha alright :lol: i'll be sure to tag you!

Why are you planning a limit? it is okay, if it is over 1000 words. There are some of mine which really are over it.

Idk short stories gotta be short you know :tongue:
Original post by z33
I know ahaha i don't do English at A level this was just for a competition on here :tongue: - link in OP if you wanna enter :biggrin:

ahaha alright :lol: i'll be sure to tag you!

Ooh I just realised I rhymed please and knees! Sorry, I get a bit too excited about these things! :colondollar: Anyway, thanks! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
Goodbye, Dad

“Alright honey, Mummy’s going to go get a hot chocolate and come back in a bit, will you be alright?” she pinched my cheeks and gave me a kiss. I smiled and nodded in response, and she left the room. I looked around at the large, white room. I didn’t like it, and I bet dad didn’t either. I looked at him, my father, all wired up. I watched his chest rise and fall with every breath, was he there? Could he hear me?

It’s been months since the car accident and since that day,my dad hasn’t opened his eyes. We didn’t speak much because he was always busy with work. When he wasn’t at work, he was at home in his office doing more work. Occasionally he’d take me out for ice cream, and we’d talk about our dreams and our ambitions. How we’d move to America and buy a beautiful mansion. But now that is impossible. All his dreams have been shattered, his ambitions destroyed.

I’ve visited, and I’ve talked to him every day. About school, about friends, about… my dreams, and my ambitions. I told him about my plans to make it all become a reality, and how I’d make him proud. It seemed like a one-way conversation but in my heart I felt a connection. Today was different though. The doctors said he wouldn’t make it and it was only a matter of time before the life support machine would have to be turned off. Today was the day.

“Dad I’m so sorry to have to do this, but if you can’t comeback we don’t want to trap you and keep you from going into Heaven to be with grandpa. I know how much you miss him. I hope that you understand that this is not goodbye, and I will see you soon when my time comes.” I reached up to wipe the tears from my eyes when I swore I saw something. I saw his eyelashes flutter,and I saw his fingers twitch. “DAD! Can you hear me?!” I jumped up and ran to find my mother.

“Mum, mum! I saw Dad move, I saw it with my own eyes he’s still in there! He’s gonna make it!” I smiled. My mother looked at me with tired eyes that instantly welled up, dark circles surrounding them. She put her head in her hands and sobbed uncontrollably. “Mum what’s wrong? Mum…” my lips quivered,“Honey your Daddy wants to be free. God will keep him safe, and He will help us. You’re tired baby, and you’re seeing things.”

I begged and begged her, but she put it down to me not sleeping well, or hallucinating. I was sure I saw him move. But she wouldn’t listen. Maybe it was easier to give up on him. The switch was flicked and it wasn’t instant. “He’s gone” at last! He’s free. At least he gets a better view of the world from up there. Goodbye, Dad.

*My submission for the Short Story Competition*

:cry2: I can't.
Reply 35
Original post by ravioliyears
:cry2: I can't.

Awwwhhhhhhhh im sorry :hugs:
Original post by z33
(...)

I have even read short stories which were two or even more pages long. Would say that 1000 words is average in total.
Original post by z33
Goodbye, Dad

“Alright honey, Mummy’s going to go get a hot chocolate and come back in a bit, will you be alright?” she pinched my cheeks and gave me a kiss. I smiled and nodded in response, and she left the room. I looked around at the large, white room. I didn’t like it, and I bet dad didn’t either. I looked at him, my father, all wired up. I watched his chest rise and fall with every breath, was he there? Could he hear me?

It’s been months since the car accident and since that day,my dad hasn’t opened his eyes. We didn’t speak much because he was always busy with work. When he wasn’t at work, he was at home in his office doing more work. Occasionally he’d take me out for ice cream, and we’d talk about our dreams and our ambitions. How we’d move to America and buy a beautiful mansion. But now that is impossible. All his dreams have been shattered, his ambitions destroyed.

I’ve visited, and I’ve talked to him every day. About school, about friends, about… my dreams, and my ambitions. I told him about my plans to make it all become a reality, and how I’d make him proud. It seemed like a one-way conversation but in my heart I felt a connection. Today was different though. The doctors said he wouldn’t make it and it was only a matter of time before the life support machine would have to be turned off. Today was the day.

“Dad I’m so sorry to have to do this, but if you can’t comeback we don’t want to trap you and keep you from going into Heaven to be with grandpa. I know how much you miss him. I hope that you understand that this is not goodbye, and I will see you soon when my time comes.” I reached up to wipe the tears from my eyes when I swore I saw something. I saw his eyelashes flutter,and I saw his fingers twitch. “DAD! Can you hear me?!” I jumped up and ran to find my mother.

“Mum, mum! I saw Dad move, I saw it with my own eyes he’s still in there! He’s gonna make it!” I smiled. My mother looked at me with tired eyes that instantly welled up, dark circles surrounding them. She put her head in her hands and sobbed uncontrollably. “Mum what’s wrong? Mum…” my lips quivered,“Honey your Daddy wants to be free. God will keep him safe, and He will help us. You’re tired baby, and you’re seeing things.”

I begged and begged her, but she put it down to me not sleeping well, or hallucinating. I was sure I saw him move. But she wouldn’t listen. Maybe it was easier to give up on him. The switch was flicked and it wasn’t instant. “He’s gone” at last! He’s free. At least he gets a better view of the world from up there. Goodbye, Dad.

*My submission for the Short Story Competition*

was this fiction (if so, you got me)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33

We do that with all entries so people don't open it and go 'well what am I supposed to do with this?' :lol:
Reply 39
Original post by quasa
was this fiction (if so, you got me)

yeah it was for some competition ahaha sorry :hugs:

Original post by Gingerbread101
We do that with all entries so people don't open it and go 'well what am I supposed to do with this?' :lol:

oh right okay x'D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending