Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyp2206)
    Currently im revising for C1 C2 S1 S2 D1 and FP1
    (next year C3 C4 M1 FP2/FP3 M2 D2/FP3,,,, you dont have to do both FP2 and 3 on OCR in year 13)

Now ive finished all the modules its all just revision and im doing between 2 and 4 past papers a day (some take less than 45 minutes) and never go over the time limit of 90 minutes. When you find a problem you look at your notes or a revision guide and learn from your mistakes when marking. As further maths seems to strengthen your normal maths most of your focus ends up being on the harder modules (S2 for example) sat after the june holiday, my plan at the moment is to get keep up getting A's in my mocks and leaving my hardest module for solid revision and re-teaching it to myself (S2) mainly in the june holiday. I think the time taken up is just the same as a normal A-level, my school recommend and hours work outside of the classroom for every hour in (so sixteen a week overall), and two during revision time after the easter holiday, more during study leave. i hope this helps a little, its really not as daunting as it may seem, i find it comforting how you know exactly what is in each module and exam so can prepare quite easily for it!
    Thanks for the reply and it does seem a bit daunting however I am serious considering taking up further maths. If I do I will start working from day one and maintain a consistent 16 hours a week outside of school from September. All the best with your exam and hopefully you achieve top grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aj122)
    Thanks for the reply and it does seem a bit daunting however I am serious considering taking up further maths. If I do I will start working from day one and maintain a consistent 16 hours a week outside of school from September. All the best with your exam and hopefully you achieve top grades.
    8 outside of school will do you fine! maybe the 16 during revision i dont know if i said that clearly enough, but i wish you the best with it! its beneficial and a very respectable A level Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    However, I have forgotten all of my prior GCSE knowledge as I have not done maths in one year. How would I go about attaining that prior knowledge and what would be best in preparing for both maths and further maths a level?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.