Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    You can use Google to browse through photos and Youtube is your friend.

If I may ask, where are you from? Your cultural background may play a good role in keeping you happy during your programme. London and UCL are very international places, so you will be sure to find your place.

I agree that the costs, when you put both universities together, are marginally the same. The truth about this comparison is that my experience will be different to yours.

You may go to UCL and love the life there or you may go to Warwick and enjoy your days there. I am not a big fan of London (I guess you have noticed), but I don't want to dissuade you from it. Some people say that living in London makes you more mature and aware of your responsibilities.

I know people, who have studied at UCL or Imperial and will not trade it for the world. I also know other people, who have been to non-London universities like Cambridge, Southampton, Manchester and Surrey, that will hate to spend a day in London.

I think with these universities having significant advantages. I suggest that you think about your personal goals plus discuss them with your most trusted friends/family. Then, you should make a decision.

Good luck.
    hi i have beeen trying to get feeback for msc management course offered BY various uni .can you pls rank - ucl, kcl,warwick and cass. Its very important for me to have an exact idea about the programme.I have to take my final decision within this week It will be a great help ..

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i have been trying to get feedback for msc management course offered BY various uni .can you pls rank - ucl, kcl,warwick and cass. Its very important for me to have an exact idea about the programme.I have to take my final decision within this week It will be a great help ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    'Even though', when it's currently ranked above UCL for average UCAS points achieved by incoming students. They're quite equal for undergrad Econ, with UCL having the edge for postgrad degrees as their research scores are higher.

Alas, it's an age old debate. FYI to the people talking about international rep, the subject at Warwick has like >50% international students - they wouldn't have chose it or even known about the uni/course there if it had poor international recognition.

Carry on, just wanted to add my 2p.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or they got rejected from UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    Both unis are very good. Personally I really hated the Warwick campus so would not want to study there. Given that you are international it's also worth considering that while Warwick has a great reputation in the UK, it is mostly unknown internationally. UCL on the other hand has a more solid reputation internationally. If you want to work in Britain the difference doesn't matter, but if you plan to go back home after studying here, it might. Other than that I suggest looking at the courses in more depth, especially what options they offer, etc. Economics courses can be vastly different from uni to uni.
    The international reputation and the location are the 2 reasons why I am getting pulled towards UCL. Though an undergrad life in a calmer place like Coventry would be a different experience for a city bred person like me, I am afraid if I'd actually like the campus because I am not used to such serene places. But Warwick's strong community spirit makes me attracted towards it. I'd like to experience that kind of student life. And the courses seem to be almost the same. So that's not working as a deciding factor. Looks like I really need to figure out which factors should be prioritized...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkie2999)
    Im too young to apply myself to give you proper information but my brother applied for UCL and Warwick to do economics and even though he got rejected by UCL he wanted UCL because it is acknowledged to be the best for economics even though Warrick is good also. The thing about Warwick he said is that the campus is quite secluded and theres not alot around if you want atmosphere, In terms of a name though UCL is the better choice
    Thanks for the reply! The Warwick's campus is worrying me too because without having seen it, I can't decide whether I'd actually be okay with spending my undergrad life there.

ReputationRep:
    The answer I'm giving is essentially just a reiteration of what most others said. Both UCL and Warwick are fantastic universities, and studying Economics (a very competitive course) at either is extremely impressive. That being said, far fewer people will have heard of Warwick globally than UCL. Both universities will impress employers, and in reality neither is considerably better than the other. It really depends whether you want to live on a Campus (and as a result a much quieter environment) or in the busy city.

(Original post by smgoel)
    hi
    i have been trying to get feedback for msc management course offered BY various uni .can you pls rank - ucl, kcl,warwick and cass. Its very important for me to have an exact idea about the programme.I have to take my final decision within this week It will be a great help ..
    ^ This will be completely subjective as every league table is different. But in my opinion I'd put them -

UCL, Warwick, KCL, Cass Business School (City University, London.)

I'd say everyone is likely to have a different opinion on that though, don't take my word as gospel

ReputationRep:
    They're both equally as good as each other, so look individually at the actual degree. Warwick is stronger for econ, but overall there's no difference. They beat UCL in the UK rankings, and UCL beat Warwick in the international rankings (yet, Warwick are still in top 50, beating strong ivies such as Brown, Dartmouth and other strong uni's such as NYU and Washington). As a Warwick student, I'd like to say that it is a fantastic institution, so much to do on campus, graduate prospects nationally and internationally are so strong and since it's a campus, it's like a city of its own. Having the best time ever- UCL was my second option (I mean, it was so hard to choose between Warwick and UCL mainly because they would end up leading me to the same job as they compete so much). Look heavily at the degree- the social life is crazy here too. We have the largest range of societies here at Warwick, out of every single uni in the UK too, so you'll defo fit in somewhere . Good luck making your choice, ending up at either will lead you a great life.

ReputationRep:
    thatnamelessgirl, what did you choose finally? Are you happy?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go UCL. L100 is boring as **** with the history module in the first year. Nobody turns up to the lectures

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.