Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What type of people shop in aldi and lidl Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Same here ! People just go to the nearest store they find lol
    Yeah haha

And it isnt true at all hat Lidl/Aldi is poor quality, there are many brands and stuff that is the same quality as more 'prestigious' shops for half the price. People who think only chavs shop there can stay up their own asses and waste money when they could get the same thing cheaper, its their loss

(Original post by lolakirk)
    Yeah haha

And it isnt true at all hat Lidl/Aldi is poor quality, there are many brands and stuff that is the same quality as more 'prestigious' shops for half the price. People who think only chavs shop there can stay up their own asses and waste money when they could get the same thing cheaper, its their loss
    So true ! Btw in France, German quality is much appreciated ! I really like lidl chocolate :ahee: :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I hear they all have 3 eyes and roll around on an advanced wheel type robotic limb.
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I dont shop there but the people round where i live arent particularly friendly. A lot wear tracksuits and stuff like that.
    I shop in Tesco due to the sheer variety of stuff in there (Tesco Extra)!!
    But people can shop where they want to. It doesnt really say much about them tbh.
    I like Waitrose myself but dont live near one. Their stuff is amazing when ive had it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I shop there - get MUCH more stuff for the same money as tesco - where I used to shop and get near delivered from the local butcher. Saves a fortune

ReputationRep:
    I think the Times did some blind taste experiment of Lidl/Aldi products vs Big 4/Waitrose. In most categories, Lidl/Aldi performed well and got average score in line with Big 4. Sometimes top score for cheese, wine and cereals, a few poor scores for rice, canned tomatoes. I don't notice any difference with household cleaning stuff. I can't argue with the lower grocery bill.

ReputationRep:
    Smart people who realise that there's no point paying extra money towards food of the same quality
    I agree with everyone else- the Lidl bakery is AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    Students :P

But seriously, Lidl has a very decent bakery. They bake some nice blueberry muffins and triple chocolate cookies.

I shop at specific supermarkets for specific items. I like the juice Asda and Waitrose, the bakery at Lidl and Sainsbury, the meat options at Tesco etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I dont shop there but the people round where i live arent particularly friendly. A lot wear tracksuits and stuff like that.
    I shop in Tesco due to the sheer variety of stuff in there (Tesco Extra)!!
    But people can shop where they want to. It doesnt really say much about them tbh.
    I like Waitrose myself but dont live near one. Their stuff is amazing when ive had it.
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmcwitch)
    I shop there - get MUCH more stuff for the same money as tesco - where I used to shop and get near delivered from the local butcher. Saves a fortune

What do the people look like that shop in these places?

A lot of people from all classes

You often find wealthy people going there to save money

ReputationRep:
    What an interesting question, I think the same people that shop in Tesco probably shop in Lidl and Aldi, too. I agree with: "People just go to the nearest store they find".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I hear they all have 3 eyes and roll around on an advanced wheel type robotic limb.
    they all look pretty normal to me...

ReputationRep:
    My mum

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with food from Lidl/Aldi, it's fantastic quality and great value for money. The snobbery towards these supermarkets is ridiculous, but I think it's dying away now people are realising they're a good choice

ReputationRep:
    smart people
    Cheap price funny brand names tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslimstanisyed)
    What do the people look like that shop in these places?
    You've got a mirror, go look in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Students :P

But seriously, Lidl has a very decent bakery. They bake some nice blueberry muffins and triple chocolate cookies.

I shop at specific supermarkets for specific items. I like the juice Asda and Waitrose, the bakery at Lidl and Sainsbury, the meat options at Tesco etc.
    feck I couldnt do that. Id rather go to one store and buy all. Max 2.

Aldi for me is the king however sometimes brands are needed.

ReputationRep:
    I go to Lidl just for their cookies :love:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.