Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How have you changed in the past 5 years? watch

ReputationRep:
    Did a massive amount of growing up mentally
    Puberty lol
    Became more pessimistic, but less reliant on people's opinions of me for happiness,
    became less obsessed with education... actually started to not give a **** :lol:
    adopted a dont-give-a-**** attitude, originally started to combat me getting so upset about stupid little things like if someone borrowed a pen and broke it, but eventually grew to cover my whole life so now I don't give a **** about anything... :lol: :blush: oops!

ReputationRep:
    I've probably changed more in the last year than I have in the last five put together tbh.

I don't let my anxiety get to me as much as I did before, I'm ever so slightly more confident, I'm able to be more direct with people than beating around the bush too much, I've made positive moves to change my situation and am now starting uni in September, I'm a heck of a lot more open minded than I once was.. I used to be extremely opinionated on certain topics and wouldn't budge from those views whatsoever but now I generally care less and don't take life as seriously as I once did. I feel a lot more stable mentally too.

Generally I feel like I was more of a child then and now I'm more of an adult (talking a year ago).

ReputationRep:
    Became less happier, more stressed over time. But I think that is just life...

ReputationRep:
    I have had 2 or maybe 3? personality changes, 1 resulting from a hate letter I received from someone claiming to have low self esteem and depression and the others random self reflection.
    I have become a little more careful, less funny, more charismatic, more compassionate, entirely truthful- except for white lies ^^. I will now also say,non-aggressive way that I disagree with ten people instead of being a coward and letting them be cruel about someone and i use mild social manipulation such as subtle support for a lesser party to discourage creulty towards them,instead of feeling helpless and stifled in the midst of it.

I have more confidence, i can stand on my own feet and protect other people from the things which have hurt me, its a great vulnerability when they don't treat you right intern, but I know I'm stronger and I have not a thing on my morals , i know i have done a lot of good, using my social influence to include others I see struggling, standing against things i believe to be immoral, even reaching out to the author of my 4000 word hate, in an attempt to aid her self esteem and remove her from the need to slate people like me, who hide the inadequacies within their own lives and always smile, in-spite of things.

ReputationRep:
    I have become far more nihilistic and apathetic to life, when I actually thought I would become more idealist and optimistic after graduating.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh man oh man where to begin?

Five years ago I was being bullied everyday. I was in a friendship group that later threw me out because I told them a secret i thought I could trust them with and although I didn't know it at the time that was the best thing to happen to me. They were such toxic people and they had such a bad effect on me. I was the quietest, angriest little 13 year old you could ever meet. I broke down crying at a parents evening because I was failing classes and I was self harming because of the **** that happened. but now? Now I'm unrecognisable and so many people tell me that.

I lost a ****ton of weight after the "friends" ditched me and I started working out again. I fell in with a new group of people and I'm happier than I ever thought I could be. This happened two years ago now and I'm so glad for their presence. They'd never judge me or lie about me the way my old friends did and I have so many incredible memories with them. My bullies dropped out of school and I got myself together study wise and shocked everyone with my national 5 and higher results. I got involved in debating after a teacher noticed I had a voice under all the fear and anger and it's honestly made me into such a passionate and confident person. I'm now going to university in a few months and my scars are fading more and more each day. It gets so much better but some of it has to come from you. Hard work is the key to success and happiness. Don't let the *******s get you down!

ReputationRep:
    gained weight but also getting more cats

ReputationRep:
    I was in school 5 years ago!!

ReputationRep:
    So much more comfortable in my own skin and accepting of who I am as a person. I know I could be better in some areas, but overall I think I'm probably alright, and there's always stuff I can work on to be a little bit better. I think the biggest change in the way that I approach life is that I've stopped obsessing over the idea of future status (in terms of a career path, future earnings, typical TSR things etc) and began to actually step back a little and appreciate what's good about the present, and what actually matters to me. I believe that both are linked, as I only probably wanted to make loads of money, own an amazing house and car etc to make up for what I thought I lacked elsewhere. As soon as I stopped worrying about my shortcomings and became a bit more objective that all disappeared and I feel as though a huge weight has been taken from my shoulders. Overall, I'm much more content with life than I was five years ago, and to be honest, that's all I need.

ReputationRep:
    Personality- Can go into ***** mode if I need to (5 years ago I couldn't imagine being *****y), better listener,much more open, more easily stressed, louder and nicer.

Physically- Curlier hair, straighter teeth,clearer skin,more piercings and the joys of puberty

ReputationRep:
    1) confidence
    2) better appearance
    3) better with girls
    4) better fashion
    5) I'm not as boring
    6) I've grown out of video game

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know where to begin, 5 years ago? I'm from a poor background, not very interested in learning, quite shy and timid. 5 years on people think i'm posh, smart, and I can handle myself much, much better, there's still much to be learned but my character is much more polished.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of the way I look, Ive changed hugely... 5 years ago I didn't even own any makeup, now it takes over my room (and morning routine... but ohwell:curious:)
    I also care alot more about my appearance - I did before too of course, but now I am probably a bit too particular about how I look... I'm not vain though, I just like to look respectable:yy:
    I also feel like Ive developed as a person and Ive become my own, Im a leader rather than a follower and I know what I want to do with my life, I feel that I understand myself more as a person and therefore am more comfortable with letting others know me well... I had trouble trusting boys for years but have found someone who understands me and is so caring, and I couldn't be happier:hugs:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.