Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR... do you carefully monitor your daily calorie intake? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you monitor your daily calorie intake?
    Yes - I do it to help me lose weight
    23.86%
    Yes - I have to as I need to achieve a minimum amount of calories because I lift (brah)
    13.64%
    No - just gimmy anything and I'll eat it!
    62.50%

ReputationRep:
    Nope, its too much effort and I wouldn't really benefit from it.

ReputationRep:
    No.

I eat when I'm hungry. I stop eating when I'm full.

That method seems to work fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    6/50 people are gonna make it brah! :cry2: #Feelsbadman

ReputationRep:
    No, I love eating..

ReputationRep:
    Don't monitor it. I do look at the calories of what I do eat, purely out of curiosity but I don't believe I go over my daily limit so It's not bothered me, I have no reason for fitness etc. to need to monitor my calories. To be honest I also don't think I could keep it up
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is rather the other way round: I am monitoring the calories which I am losing during training. It is better to know how many calories get lost than how many calories are in existence to estimate how many of them I may eat weekly to prevent increasing in weight.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, but I'm more concerned with ensuring I'm getting the right nutrients, rather than calorie counting. I'm very slightly underweight so I'm not worried about losing anything, but I want to be sure I'm eating right/enough, so I normally just add what ever I've eaten to my cronometer.com profile for the day and see if I need to add anything more - e.g. I've recently bought a load of flax seeds to add to smoothies to ensure I'm getting enough omega 3. It also helps for exercise though, as you can also keep track of protein intake (with a full breakdown of all of the essential amino acids), as well as add in any exercises you have completed that day which will give you a rough guide of how many more calories you need to eat to keep the same weight (or gain/lose it if need be).

ReputationRep:
    yes because i never make any gains and it's an easy factor to nail down

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't really vote on the poll, as I'd need to vote more than one of them. I always watch my calories whether bulking or cutting. Though, nowadays it's always just making sure I don't eat too much :rofl: When I first started lifting I was skinny and had to make sure I was eating enough every day to gain some muscle and I only required 2500 a day at that point, and it was tough. Nowadays, I bulk on about 3500 a day, but I could quite easily pack away 4000-5000 a day if left to my own devices :rofl: Carrying muscle mass + >3 years of overeating = hungry all the time. So, naturally, when I'm cutting I also need to really make sure I'm not eating too much, because again if I didn't track and just relied on exercise, there's no way I'd lose weight. Plus I ****ing hate most types of cardio.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a cross country runner, so I eat healthily but don't focus on calories. It takes up too much time

ReputationRep:
    I don't calorie count bu i watch what i ea and eat sensible amounts of "healthy" foods.

I do lift (Badly, 4/9 lol) so need more calories/protein than the average person but i jus eat sensibly and weigh often to ensure i'm not gaining/losing too much weight.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.