Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend doesnt want me to get a tattoo but i really want one. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    No it isn't. Unless it's a butterfly on your lower back, then a tattoo isn't a comment on someone's sexual activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not my opinion but that's how society works fair or not the real world ain't fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    No it isn't. Unless it's a butterfly on your lower back, then a tattoo isn't a comment on someone's sexual activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats so misogynistic nothing like that should comment peoples sexual activity but the world doesn't' work like that. By their inherent nature tattoos are seen as trashy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    It's OP's body. No-one has to 'take into account' another person's opinion on what they do with their body. No-one is saying OP's boyfriend has to stay in the relationship whatever. But NO-ONE has the right to tell another person what to do with their body. Body autonomy doesn't end when you get into a romantic and/or sexual relationship.
    I think you have a delusional view of relationships if you think physical attraction is
    irrelevant.

No matter how much we pretend otherwise all relationships come down to a sacrifice of (some degree of) independence, if I stop brushing my teeth and my breath starts smelling is she shallow for no longer wanting to have sex with me? To say that she has a right to body autonomy is to point out the obvious, of course she does, but I have the right to leave if her choices aren't to my liking.

ReputationRep:
    tell him to go **** himself and get one anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want a medium sized tattoo on my shoulder and also was thinking of getting one on my leg. My boyfriend has been begging me not to though as he says they dont look nice on women. The thing is he has a total of 9 including a big one covering his shoulder! How can someone who has tattoos themself not like them? Am i supposed to just tespect his wishes and not get any?
    Stand up for equal rights and get it tattooed on your face instead. That'll show him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    tell him to go **** himself and get one anyway
    As much as I admire your rebel attitude it won't get you very far with a decent guy, not that it isn't attractive for a short ****ing mind you

ReputationRep:
    If you wnt one just get it you cnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    As much as I admire your rebel attitude it won't get you very far with a decent guy, not that it isn't attractive for a short ****ing mind you
    im not tryna get far with any guy, thank you.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    although i certainly haven't struggled in the past, you know, 4 year relationship and all

ReputationRep:
    im not tryna get far with any guy, thank you.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    although i certainly haven't struggled in the past, you know, 4 year relationship and all
    Meh relationships are easy when you have don't have any responsibilities

ReputationRep:
    Meh relationships are easy when you have don't have any responsibilities
    how do you know i don't? i mean i'm only a full time carer for a disabled mother and brother

ReputationRep:
    how do you know i don't? i mean i'm only a full time carer for a disabled mother and brother
    That's good, i'm talking about your 4 year relationship. You must have been young right?

ReputationRep:
    That's good, i'm talking about your 4 year relationship. You must have been young right?
    yes but i've been a carer since 10, his mum died half way through?? i mean you don't really know anything

plus we lived together for 2 of them years cause his mum died and he had nowhere to live so there's also that

ReputationRep:
    yes but i've been a carer since 10, his mum died half way through?? i mean you don't really know anything

plus we lived together for 2 of them years cause his mum died and he had nowhere to live so there's also that
    Wtf

That's rough, ok yours is a bit atypical, was going to ask why you broke up but it doesn't exactly sound like a fun story.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf

That's rough, ok yours is a bit atypical, was going to ask why you broke up but it doesn't exactly sound like a fun story.
    oh the break up was fine, we still friends, just didn't feel it anymore. it was fine, sounds worse than it was, my parents were still together when we were together so it was easier

my older brother got his girlfriend pregnant at 15, so could be way worse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    He can't tell you what to do... go for it :cute:
    But he can find himself a non tattoed girl to pork

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    If you want tattoos then get them. If your boyfriend likes you as a person (rather than based on misogynistic views of how you look) then he shouldn't be less attracted to you because you've made a personal decision about your body and he should support your choices.
    Misogynistic to not be attracted to girls with tattoos. Incredible stuff

ReputationRep:
    oh the break up was fine, we still friends, just didn't feel it anymore. it was fine, sounds worse than it was, my parents were still together when we were together so it was easier

my older brother got his girlfriend pregnant at 15, so could be way worse?
    If that happened to me i'd tell my parents I was going to France with my friends and then cross the Spanish border and live in a remote village.

ReputationRep:
    If that happened to me i'd tell my parents I was going to France with my friends and then cross the Spanish border and live in a remote village.
    he does live in germany now:laugh:

nah they're still together at 22 and married now so all is good

ReputationRep:
    Just get one if you want one, seems straightforward enough to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Misogynistic to not be attracted to girls with tattoos. Incredible stuff
    If my love for someone was based on my love for their un-tattooed body then there's something wrong with me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.