Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Awkward Moment Thread watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nerwen)
    This couple walked up to my window and decided they were going to stare at me (I am in halls on the ground floor looking into the courtyard). I was just on my laptop on my bed, and when I looked up they were stood there watching me with their faces against the window. They didn't look away when I looked at them, and I didn't know how to handle the situation and so I just started crying (not the best response, I admit). So they just stood at my window and stared at me while I stared back crying, this continued for about 15 minutes until they abruptly walked away.

This was about an hour ago. I don't feel embarrassed, but it was very awkward and I still feel awkward.
    That is so strange... and terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBoredOne)
    It's very weird to stare at someone for 15 mins especially when you are looking back, yeah you shoulda told them to f*** off

I doubt you're the only student who doesn't do the dishes. (not saying you don't though lol)
    I think the were stoned if I am going to be completely honest. It didn't occur to me as a thing to do.

It's silly as I had just finished a cup of tea, but I don't like seeming messy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    That is so strange... and terrifying.
    I was so busy sobbing about there being a dirty cup in the room, that I didn't even feel awkward until afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    When someone waves your way and you wave back, then you realise they were waving to someone behind you...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably happens to ya all the time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Cos you got no friends
    Except me!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was so busy sobbing about there being a dirty cup in the room, that I didn't even feel awkward until afterwards.
    I would feel violated not awkward. :eek4: I'm sure they weren't looking at the cup though.
    Were they people from the university or just random passers-by?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope it didn't scare you really badly?

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment when you're wondering why that guy's staring at you, take it as a compliment, and then realise you have pen all over your face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I would feel violated not awkward. :eek4: I'm sure they weren't looking at the cup though.
    Were they people from the university or just random passers-by?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope it didn't scare you really badly?
    People from the university I believe.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wasn't scared at the time, I wasn't really sure what was going on. I have terrible anxiety though, so by the time my partner got back I had managed to pass out from an anxiety attack. Luckily he knows how to calm me down (tea and chocolate are on the way), and now I just feel silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Probably happens to ya all the time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Cos you got no friends
    Except me!

Spoiler:
    Show
    But I do have friends... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But I do have friends... :cry2:
    Wanna play pinturillo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Wanna play pinturillo?
    Just replied :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just replied :yep:
    Thnx

ReputationRep:
    When your teacher accidentally almost tripped you up...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People from the university I believe.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wasn't scared at the time, I wasn't really sure what was going on. I have terrible anxiety though, so by the time my partner got back I had managed to pass out from an anxiety attack. Luckily he knows how to calm me down (tea and chocolate are on the way), and now I just feel silly.
    It's great that you had someone to check up on you though, so cute that he knows how to help you. :^_^:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't feel silly, that is a perfectly legitimate response/reaction to a situation like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.
    Been there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBoredOne)
    Discuss all your awkward/embarrasing moments here.
    ah no anonymous here, ah no thanks bud.

ReputationRep:
    When my friend was saying about how hot my crush was when all his friends were stood right behind me... I nearly had a heart attack (luckily they didn't know we were talking about him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.
    When she was 12yo? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    When I tried to use a voucher for Burger King at KFC. Damn. :getmecoat:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.