Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of starting a blog on here. Everyone's thoughts Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Thanks and sorry for derailing fire freezer. But also be warned that if your blog is good people will call you attention seeking and accuse you of lying about your mental health issues.
    It's fine.
    Yeah that's a downside. But you and others understand my situation so I'm ok with that.
    I've never been called attention seeking so that will be new. Don't want that though. I'm extraordinarily quiet so that explains that.
    I'm defo not faking it. I wish I was but I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I will do! Thanks!!
    You understand my situation better than others so I guess you're right, it will help others understand my issues and how it affects my everyday life (soo irritating).
    Thanks for the support! Appreciate it,

That's true actually. It can help them and they may be too scared to post about it so that's a positive!
    Thanks.
    i know haha which is why i would think it will be amazing if you did a blog!

and youre welcome!! i look forward to it and cant wait for you to start! good luck!!

Thanks for reading it! Most appreciated!!
    It's fairly complex tbh so I guess it's more reliable to hear from people who are experiencing or that have experienced it.

That's the first time anyone's ever called me a great writer! I usually suck at it!! I'm glad I kept you intrigued!

Nah I hate arguing tbh. So irritating. I've learned to let things go if someone really irritates me. Unless it's something super personal to me, then I'll attack!
    Thanks again.
    I will do it and I'll post it maybe later in the week or at the weekend. I'm busy the rest of the week with college!
    Yeah... People downplay OCD a lot, well people around me have anyway, so it's intriguing to know about someone who OCD has affected majorly.

Haha yes you are a good writer. Sometime I bypass posts because I don't read them but I read yours.

No problem.

And understandable studying is so time consuming lol. Don't think that your blogs needs to be updated in a timely manner because studies come first. Whenever you get a chance and time... We will all still read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Well yeah of course it would be great if I was just faking it all. Only like three people on TSR know my true diagnosis because, precisely for the reasons that this idiot has demonstrated, being open about it leaves you exposed to people who are so miserable with their own life they have to put you down.

Tbh I'm so used to it now it's boring.
    Indeed. Mental Illnesses are horrible but they always happen to the best people for some reason!
    Yeah that's understandable. I'm not sure anyone in the world (except for me) knows what I'm truly going through tbh. I've never been open about it at all but I'm changed now (as you can tell).
    Yeah he's an idiot, just ignore him.
    Daw about that. I usually get abused at college by people I know so I could be worse for you!
    As I read on your blog, their life isn't as good as yours so they have to try and make you miserable to be happy in themselves! That really stuck with me!

I get ya. I understand completely there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    i know haha which is why i would think it will be amazing if you did a blog!

and youre welcome!! i look forward to it and cant wait for you to start! good luck!!
    Indeed! Well you gave me some inspiration for it tbh! And I thank you for that!

I let ya know when it's up if ya want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Yeah... People downplay OCD a lot, well people around me have anyway, so it's intriguing to know about someone who OCD has affected majorly.

Haha yes you are a good writer. Sometime I bypass posts because I don't read them but I read yours.

No problem.

And understandable studying is so time consuming lol. Don't think that your blogs needs to be updated in a timely manner because studies come first. Whenever you get a chance and time... We will all still read
    They do indeed. The original blog post was to try and raise some awareness for it.
    Yeah they do around me too. They joke about it a lot (they don't know I have it, and I'm not telling them).

Why thank you, I appreciate that! I really appreciate you taking the time to read it (it was rather long!)

It is indeed! There's so much work to do! I'll update it when I get time to. Studies come first as you said.
    I hope you enjoy reading it!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! Well you gave me some inspiration for it tbh! And I thank you for that!

I let ya know when it's up if ya want?
    Aww you're welcome! You just needed some encouraging and motivation! The idea was all yours!

And yes you should tag me in it :*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Aww you're welcome! You just needed some encouraging and motivation! The idea was all yours!

And yes you should tag me in it :*
    I guess so, you gave it to me so you've been a big help.
    Well, i guess so

Will do!

They do indeed. The original blog post was to try and raise some awareness for it.
    Yeah they do around me too. They joke about it a lot (they don't know I have it, and I'm not telling them).

Why thank you, I appreciate that! I really appreciate you taking the time to read it (it was rather long!)

It is indeed! There's so much work to do! I'll update it when I get time to. Studies come first as you said.
    I hope you enjoy reading it!
    I understand where you're coming from. My nephew is autistic so when people around me and people on here make comments about autism it really pisses me off, but I've learnt to ignore them instead of fighting every time they are rude. People are so unaware it's unbelievable.

It's going to be long but at least with your own blog you can break it down into separate posts and such

Good luck with it and your studies and be sure to tag me in otherwise I probably won't see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I understand where you're coming from. My nephew is autistic so when people around me and people on here make comments about autism it really pisses me off, but I've learnt to ignore them instead of fighting every time they are rude. People are so unaware it's unbelievable.

It's going to be long but at least with your own blog you can break it down into separate posts and such

Good luck with it and your studies and be sure to tag me in otherwise I probably won't see it
    Yeah I get ya. It's infuriating because people think it's a joke. But we know differently!
    Me too! It's not worth fighting it tbh. I know! I'm trying to raise some awareness for OCD (was my inspiration for these posts I've done/gonna do).

That's true. I don't want it to be too long as people will get bored.

Thanks!
    Will do! Hope you like it!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Thread has been cleaned out. Don't argue and derail another members thread with it, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Thread has been cleaned out. Don't argue and derail another members thread with it, thanks.
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.