Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PFA POTY and YPOTY nominees announced watch

ReputationRep:
    Agree with every single player chosen there bar maybe Coutinho, not really sure what he has done to warrant a spot?

Mahrez and Kane for me

ReputationRep:
    Argument for only being allowed on one list seems silly, what if there is a player (e.g. Kane) who has probably been 2nd best player this season, had better season than others on POTY, but then not be nominated so he doesn't win both. Or why should he be nominated for POTY and not YPOTY, only to lose the POTY when he may have walked the YPOTY and end up with no trophy?

Can't really see any way around having players in both categories who deserve it

Edit: that being said they should lower the age for YPOTY, isn't it 23? Surely 21 is fairer and would remove 4 of the players on that list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Barkley actually has comfortably worse numbers than all of those players once minutes played is taken into account. His stats are still impressive though.
    And yet in a player of the season decision, sheer output usually trumps output per minute. Output per minute is a better representation of the quality of a player, but that's largely and rightfully held aside when you determine the player whose performances have been best over the course of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Barkley and Coutinho

Kanté and Kane the deserving winners.

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez and Alli.

ReputationRep:
    Delli Alli wins the YPOTY - Spurs programme for tomorrow leaked it.

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez with the winning goal again tonight, mother****er is clutch

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez wins POTY

ReputationRep:
    If Kane is the only young person in the nominations, he should win it. Otherwise it looks stupid.

Glad Mahrez won it. Totally deserved.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Both deserving winners.

Reminder that James Milner won the PFA Young Player of the Year Award only six years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Both deserving winners.

Reminder that James Milner won the PFA Young Player of the Year Award only six years ago.
    What's your point, exactly? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Agree with every single player chosen there bar maybe Coutinho, not really sure what he has done to warrant a spot?

Mahrez and Kane for me
    your first step in discovering that the football press/media is liverpool dominated. Think about the clubs of many pundits on TV and radio? Almost all liverpool or arsenal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    What's your point, exactly? :holmes:
    Amazed he isn't older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Amazed he isn't older.
    I guess he came along when he was 16. When he retires I'll feel old.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I guess he came along when he was 16. When he retires I'll feel old.
    Some players just feel like they've been around forever. I can't believe Joe Cole and Frank Lampard are still playing, but Rio Ferdinand and Jamie Carragher aren't. All four came through at the same time during my early teenage years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.