Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In the future, would you ever get a holiday home? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    No, I prefer tranquil and continental. I love the food there, the people, the traditions, the ambience... I can't imagine finishing my life anywhere else.
    France is definitely a beautiful place, are you french yourself?

(Original post by M14B)
    Then what is the point of buying it?
    Well you can spend like 4 or 5 months there and the rest of the time you can holiday or something

(Original post by lolakirk)
    Pretty sure most people wont be able to save up the deposit for the first home, let alone a second one
    Well in somewhere like the Bahamas you can get a little villa for £100,000 or even much less. Prices are generally cheaper.

Just pray for an economic crash and it will be a buyers market

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    France is definitely a beautiful place, are you french yourself?
    No, I'm from East Ham lol

I've spent years there on holiday and I speak French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    No, I'm from East Ham lol

I've spent years there on holiday and I speak French.
    oh lool

It's weird, I find it interesting and unusual that you would go there. I guess its because its so close to us and so we dont appreciate it as much

ReputationRep:
    Would you get a holiday home? Like in your 50s?

If so, where and why?
    50's...what...hell no... i want to be able to fully retire by then but i would get a holiday home probably in my thirties or forties depending on if i how big i wanted it and if i was willing to get a restoration project or a ready to move into property that only needs to be furnished
    as for location i have a few places in mind such as italy or several locations in the usa i like such as somewhere moderately close to las vegas or somewhere in southern california or possibly somewhere in the bourbon area in kentucky/tennessee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    50's...what...hell no... i want to be able to fully retire by then but i would get a holiday home probably in my thirties or forties depending on if i how big i wanted it and if i was willing to get a restoration project or a ready to move into property that only needs to be furnished
    as for location i have a few places in mind such as italy or several locations in the usa i like such as somewhere moderately close to las vegas or somewhere in southern california or possibly somewhere in the bourbon area in kentucky/tennessee
    I thought 30s too but i thought one would be inclined to only holiday at one place. When you're younger you can do a lot of travelling and then after you can settle down

ReputationRep:
    I thought 30s too but i thought one would be inclined to only holiday at one place. When you're younger you can do a lot of travelling and then after you can settle down
    just rent it out and go somewhere else...simple really

ReputationRep:
    No, I like going to different places each time I go away, I've no desire to go back to the same place more than twice because otherwise I'd get bored of it- I like visiting museums, historic buildings like castles, palaces and stately homes on holiday, but you only need to go to each one once. And its not like a house itself provides anything knew to do, especially for me I as I'm not a pool fan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.