Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School is stressing me out... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    What's that?
    science, technology, engineering, maths

ReputationRep:
    demotivation is a cruel thing, keep yourself occoupied.. work hard! you still have time to turn your grades around. indulge yourself in hobbies, find a job you enjoy, go out - (very good stress reliefs), also helps keep your concentration high when it comes to work

believe in yourself, life's too short at the end of the day!

hope it works out for you

(Original post by richpanda)
    This is why you do STEM
    elaborate, how does that help with going into the TV industry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    demotivation is a cruel thing, keep yourself occoupied.. work hard! you still have time to turn your grades around. indulge yourself in hobbies, find a job you enjoy, go out - (very good stress reliefs), also helps keep your concentration high when it comes to work

Thanks so much xx

ReputationRep:

It's all about who you know rather then what you know to get into the TV industry if I'm honest.
    I knew a classmate who was brilliant at performing and did film degree at Aberystwyth uni and 4 years later still in retail another did a Performing Arts degree and 3 years later they are working in a pub.

I think he meant stem as there is more opportunities but that isn't what op wants to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    It's all about who you know rather then what you know to get into the TV industry if I'm honest.
    I knew a classmate who was brilliant at performing and did film degree at Aberystwyth uni and 4 years later still in retail another did a Performing Arts degree and 3 years later they are working in a pub.

I think he meant stem as there is more opportunities but that isn't what op wants to do.
    i agree, contacts are the most important thing.

studying a science has no bearing of whether or not you are able to work in the industry is what i was insinuating.

ReputationRep:
    I heard uni is not as stressful
    They are lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    They are lying
    I think I should just forget about my life then

ReputationRep:
    i agree, contacts are the most important thing.

studying a science has no bearing of whether or not you are able to work in the industry is what i was insinuating.
    You are right their post was unhelpful.

ReputationRep:
    And It is depressing me, I am about to rant a little (sorry)

So basically I want to carry on with media- preferably to be a film making course at uni. I showed my teacher my sort of unfinished coursework and he told me submit it like that and iy would be a C :/ That really upset me because I know I can do better than a C but the reason why I only got a C was mainly because my actors weren't around to film as they are uni students. I asked my teacher if I can still improve my coursework before submitting it and he said no, and that I should work on the exam to improve my grade

I just found out that I got rejected from the uni I actually wanted to go to... I got an offer at first, went to the interview and then they rejected me ? I am so unmotivated for everything and I feel like giving up. I honestly do not know what to do with my self, I am just so stressed. I wouldn't even go to uni but I just feel like there is nothing else around for me to do.
    i was just like this a couple of years ago towards the end of college as i was pushing to start my business in its most basic format that i just stopped attending sometimes for as long as a fortnight and would focus on my business stuff then i would go back and do work until my business took over and i just quit one afternoon and walked out when my loan application came though but i got to the point where i was 17 and drinking most days and smoking a lot

ReputationRep:
    And It is depressing me, I am about to rant a little (sorry)

So basically I want to carry on with media- preferably to be a film making course at uni. I showed my teacher my sort of unfinished coursework and he told me submit it like that and iy would be a C :/ That really upset me because I know I can do better than a C but the reason why I only got a C was mainly because my actors weren't around to film as they are uni students. I asked my teacher if I can still improve my coursework before submitting it and he said no, and that I should work on the exam to improve my grade

I just found out that I got rejected from the uni I actually wanted to go to... I got an offer at first, went to the interview and then they rejected me ? I am so unmotivated for everything and I feel like giving up. I honestly do not know what to do with my self, I am just so stressed. I wouldn't even go to uni but I just feel like there is nothing else around for me to do.
    Try your hardest this year and get the best possible grades. Then take a gap year and go travelling or do work-experience or get a job, this was you have things to put on your CV, and re apply to the UNI you like next year. If you managed to get an interview this year then you were obviously close to getting on, so reapplying next year could mean that you will get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishabhundia)
    Try your hardest this year and get the best possible grades. Then take a gap year and go travelling or do work-experience or get a job, this was you have things to put on your CV, and re apply to the UNI you like next year. If you managed to get an interview this year then you were obviously close to getting on, so reapplying next year could mean that you will get in.
    To be honest, taking a gap year is literally my last option atm. I want to take a gap year during uni, and I don't want to take 2 gap years. I still have other uni choices and I can do clearing so I would rather do that.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.