Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your learning style? (Quiz) Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your learning style?
    Visual
    15.78%
    Aural
    4.73%
    Read/Write
    22.90%
    Kinesthetic
    4.33%
    Mix of two or more
    27.83%
    It's all meaningless!
    24.43%

ReputationRep:
    • Visual 3
    • Aural 3
    • Read/Write 11
    • Kinesthetic 6
    Kind of what I expected because that is how I've revised from the start although I do use Kinesthetic to explain complex processes simplistically.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It's so interesting to see all the different ways people learn, and how nearly everyone has agreed with their results.

ReputationRep:
    Got bored

I think my learning style is impatient
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Got bored

I think my learning style is impatient
    Definitely should be an option...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You have a multimodal learning preference.

Visual 7
    Aural 8
    Read/Write 12
    Kinesthetic 6

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 70
Size:  70.3 KB

When learning, I do prefer to 'absorb' the information & ask questions. When revsing, I make notes & ask more questions, then do questions on top of it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Visual - 6
    Aural - 9
    Read/Write - 11
    Kinaesthetic - 10

Bit of a mixed bag really - although there's no way I'm kinaesthetic!!
    Read/Write I knew was going to be high anyway, as well as aural. I need to start incorporating these into my revision as all I do currently is write notes out whilst listening to music!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the styles of learning theory has been debunked. You need to use all types to be successful, no matter how 'weak' you are in one of the areas.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Visual - 6
    Aural - 9
    Read/Write - 11
    Kinaesthetic - 10

Bit of a mixed bag really - although there's no way I'm kinaesthetic!!
    Read/Write I knew was going to be high anyway, as well as aural. I need to start incorporating these into my revision as all I do currently is write notes out whilst listening to music!
    It definitely might be a good idea to mix it up a bit to incorporate a few more revision styles! It might be a good idea to write out some of your notes onto revision cards so then you can test yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Visual - 13
    Aural - 6
    Read/Write - 7
    Kinaesthetic - 10

Very mixed, which sums me up. Although, I'm not a big fan of making mind maps, (what other visual revision strategies are there?)
    I seem to mostly read and write during revision. They seem to be most comfortable for me. Also, what kinaesthetic revision examples are there?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know why I bothered with this..

You have a mild read/write learning preference.
    • Visual 9
    • Aural 8
    • Read/Write 15
    • Kinesthetic 10
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    Visual - 13
    Aural - 6
    Read/Write - 7
    Kinaesthetic - 10

Very mixed, which sums me up. Although, I'm not a big fan of making mind maps, (what other visual revision strategies are there?)
    I seem to mostly read and write during revision. They seem to be most comfortable for me. Also, what kinaesthetic revision examples are there?

I think some other visual ways of learning are associating drawings or pictures with your revision, and also using colour coding (I did both of these in my revision). I'm not so sure about kinaesthetic though! Making models and interacting with your studying - I can imagine that's helpful in scientific subjects.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    • Visual 6
    • Aural 8
    • Read/Write 5
    • Kinesthetic 8

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VARK)

ReputationRep:
    Like most people i had a mix of all of them...

Visual 5
    Aural 3
    Read/Write 6
    Kinaesthetic 3

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VR)

ReputationRep:
    11-reading and writing
    5-aural
    4-visual
    4-kinesthetic

ReputationRep:
    My results were:

Visual - 6
    Aural - 4
    Read/Write - 9
    Kinesthetic - 10

I definitely agree with this. My attention span when it comes to listening is terrible. For examples in lectures in classes that just involve me listening and writing down, I've zoned out after about 15 minutes. I'm better with visual. Seeing something (especially if it's very colourful) does stick in my memory more and keeps my attention for a while. But I do eventually zone out because my mind ends up elsewhere, especially if I see something that I can associate strongly with something else in the past.

I learn best through doing something and can keep my attention on one thing for ages if I am actually doing something. A lot of my revision comes through writing, using flashcards etc. I love reading and can be engaged in a good book for hours and the same sort of applies to textbooks, though they are more likely to keep my attention if they look interesting (well they need to look interesting to get me to read it in the first place).

All in all, very accurate

ReputationRep:
    Visual 12
    Aural 6
    Read/Write 5
    Kinesthetic 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I think some other visual ways of learning are associating drawings or pictures with your revision, and also using colour coding (I did both of these in my revision). I'm not so sure about kinaesthetic though! Making models and interacting with your studying - I can imagine that's helpful in scientific subjects.
    I guess I do use different colours for specific terminology or important words, but other than that, no colour at all. I don't really draw many pictures during revision, however I do look at pictures and videos to understand concepts sometimes.
    Yeah, I guess kinaesthetic is also difficult to do sometimes at home with limited resources. I think I'll stick to visual and read/write, which seem to be working for me atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    • Visual 13
    • Aural 12
    • Read/Write 16
    • Kinesthetic 13
    I think whatever method I prefer really depends on what I'm learning... :beard:
    this is true cause when u r doin an exam it doesn't matter what you are :cool:

ReputationRep:
    • Visual 4
    • Aural 4
    • Read/Write 8
    • Kinesthetic 6

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.